Subject: [IGSMAIL-1560] IGN data center shutdown
From: Loic Daniel
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 8:26:59 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Wed Mar  5  8:26:59 PST 1997      Message Number 1560
******************************************************************************

Author: Loic Daniel
Subject: IGN data center shutdown

  Dear colleagues,

 I'm sorry to have to declare the IGN center down till at least Monday 10th
march. The problem we have with our local network
is related to the update of our brand new
switches with ATM cards that prove to be buggy, crashing the network
every few hours or so. We are waiting for replacement parts but can not
guarantee a delay. In consequence the IGN data center is down till monday,
I'll issue an update then to let you know if we can get back in operation.

 CDDIS and IFAG have been noticed about that so the backup procedure for
the european data flow can be activated ( sorry about the additional work
Carey and Heinz).

Regards,

Loic Daniel

[Mailed From: Loic Daniel <[email-masked]>]