Subject: [IGSMAIL-1557] IGN status update
From: Loic Daniel
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 10:29:14 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Fri Feb 28 10:29:14 PST 1997      Message Number 1557
******************************************************************************

Author: Loic Daniel
Subject: IGN status update

 Dear colleagues,

   Here are a few more information to clarify some points I may not have
stated precisely enough :

 1) the new primary IGN center ftp server is still the VMS system whose
name is mozart.ensg.ign.fr, the other one (igs.ensg.ign.fr) is not fully 
operational yet and there is a 24 hour additional delay.

 2) the old mail addresses like [email-masked] or [email-masked]
are still valid, there has been mail delivery problems but there are mainly
due to an hardware update on the new local network this week. This 
"improvement" has frequently crashed the network ...

 3) the IGN center data holdings are not up to date as of now, I'll try to 
recover the missing data this week-end and then issue a new IGSMail about
that.

 4) Unfortunately we have been partially down while IFAG was down and some 
IGSMails mentioning that and the backup procedures have not got through to
me, so we have more or less 5 days to recover, I'm sorry for this and do my
best to get these back as soon as possible.

loic Daniel.

[Mailed From: Loic Daniel <[email-masked]>]

[Mailed From: Robert Liu <[email-masked]>]