Subject: [IGSMAIL-1543] Spring AGU/Gravity Session
From: Jean Dickey
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 14:31:01 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Thu Feb 20 14:31:01 PST 1997      Message Number 1543
******************************************************************************

Author: Jean Dickey
Subject: Spring AGU/Gravity Session

Note abstract deadline is Feb 27.  The AGU mtg is May 27-30.
Regards, Jean 

 GO1 Contributions of Satellite Gravity Measurements to Earth Science,
     Global Change and Natural Hazards Research (Joint with OS, T, H)

With advances in instrument technology, mission design, and gravity =
models,
the geopotential missions proposed today have the capability to collect
data with sufficient accuracy to address a wide variety of earth science
problems.  This session reviews the results of a National Research Council
study on the application of satellite gravity measurements (both static =
and
time-varying aspects with particular emphasis on the latter) for =
addressing
research problems related to Earth science, global change, and natural
hazards.  A call for papers is extended to work stressing the application
of time-varying gravity measurements to oceanography, solid Earth science,
hydrology, glaciology and sea level rise studies.

Convenor: Jean O. Dickey, JPL/Caltech, 4800 Oak Grove Dr., Pasadena,
CA 91109, Phone: 818-354-3235, Fax: 818-393-6890, E-mail:
[email-masked]

[Mailed From: "Jean Dickey" <[email-masked]>]