Subject: [IGSMAIL-1539] IGN data center moving out
From: Loic Daniel
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 1:31:47 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Wed Feb 19  1:31:47 PST 1997      Message Number 1539
******************************************************************************

Author: Loic Daniel
Subject: IGN data center moving out

Dear colleagues,

  The IGN data center will move to a new location on Monday 24th February.
We expect to be down all monday long and back in operation tuesday 25th.
The host names (and IP adresses) of the servers will change:

     current name          future name
     ---------------       ------------------

     mozart.ign.fr     ->  mozart.ensg.ign.fr
     schubert.ign.fr   ->  igs.ensg.ign.fr

 In a second step when all is back and well in operation we will setup the
IGN data center as a unique ftp and web server called igs.ensg.ign.fr, ie
the mozart machine will be phased out. I'll make an announcement about this in 
due time.

NB1: the old host names will still be available for one year, the connexions
will be transparently redirected to the new network.

NB2: the Internet link on the new network is a 2 Mbps line, I hope this will
help us improve the delays for data deliveries to 
analysis centers and users.

Nb3: sorry this announcement is a bit late, the reason being my mistake in 
sending a previous version of this without checking that it did get through.

Loic Daniel.

[Mailed From: Loic Daniel <[email-masked]>]