Subject: [IGSMAIL-1523] Semi-weekly EOP Solutions
From: D. McCarthy and B. Luzum
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 8:52:55 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Fri Jan 17  8:52:55 PST 1997      Message Number 1523
******************************************************************************

Author: D. McCarthy and B. Luzum
Subject: Semi-weekly EOP Solutions

As some of you may be aware, since early last year NEOS has been
making our EOP solutions twice per week, unofficially, as a test
of concept and to see what improvements these solutions could
potentially bring.  As of 1 January 1997, NEOS, as the IERS Sub-
bureau for Rapid Service and Predictions has officially been
making these solutions twice per week on Tuesdays and Thursdays. 
Now that we have crossed the threshhold, we would like to make
our Tuesday solutions as useful as possible.  Since the IGS is
likely to be one of organizations that can benefit the most from
these solutions, we will start e-mailing our IGS a priori
solutions on Tuesdays as well as Thursday.  Starting 21 January,
if you are on the IGS a priori EOP e-mail list, you should
receive the solutions on both Tuesday and Thursday.  We will
continue to update the mark3.out and finals.data files available
by anonymous ftp.  If there are other things that we could do to
improve our EOP service to the IGS community, please let us know.
--
Dennis D. McCarthy                       [email-masked]
Director, Directorate of Time            phone: (202) 762-1837
U.S. Naval Observatory                   fax: (202) 762-1563
Washington, DC 20392-5420

[Mailed From: Dennis McCarthy <[email-masked]>]