Subject: [IGSMAIL-1503] Bahrain Station Log
From: David Chase / NIMA
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 3:53:40 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Fri Jan  3  3:53:40 PST 1997      Message Number 1503
******************************************************************************

Author: David Chase / NIMA
Subject: Bahrain Station Log

An updated station log for the Bahrain GPS station has been submitted to the 
IGS Central Bureau.  The reasons for an update to the log are:

1. - On 15 Sept 1996 a new version of firmware was loaded into the Ashtech 
     Z-12 receiver.  The new firmware version is version 1Y05-1D02.

2. - On 1 Oct 1996 The Defense Mapping Agency was phased out and the 
     organization became the National Imagery and Mapping Agency (NIMA).

3. - Effective 29 September 1996, GPS Week 873, the National Imagery and 
Mapping Agency (NIMA, formerly DMA) adopted revised coordinates for its GPS 
monitor stations.  The recomputation of station positions was necessary due 
to changes that have occurred in the NIMA tracking network since January 1994 
when we last introduced enhancements to the World Geodetic System 1984
reference frame.  The designation for the new coordinate set is WGS 84(G873).
Consequently, there have been changes made to the Bahrain Station coordinates.

David Chase  /  NIMA
[email-masked]

[Mailed From: "Chase, David" <[email-masked]>]