Subject: [IGSMAIL-1452] Madrid Changes
From: T.A. Springer
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 0:12:02 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Fri Oct  4  0:12:02 PDT 1996      Message Number 1452
******************************************************************************

Author: T.A. Springer
Subject: Madrid Changes

Subject: Receiver change at Madrid

On 03-OCT-1996 Keith Stark wrote:
> The antenna change at Madrid that was scheduled for 26-Sep-1996 (IGSMail 
> #1440) was not done until 04-Oct-1996 3:00-4:00 UT. 

However we (the CODE Analysis Center) made the change on 27-SEP-1996
and removed MADR from the processing on day 26-SEP-1996 to be sure not
to run into any problems of an antanne (height) change during the day.
We noticed that the Rinex header information did NOT change but
since this is quite common, especially for data Rinexed by JPL, we were
not alarmed by it.

So once again there is/was a problem with one of the 13 fix sites! Although,
ironically, this time it was caused by the announcement of the antenna
change rather than the lack of it. Changes at one of the 13 fix sites
are bad enough since they can disturb the IGS products. They are even worse
if they are "handled" in this way!

Regards,
    Tim Springer

[Mailed From: Tim Springer <[email-masked]>]