Subject: [IGSMAIL-144] Rogue receiver at Kourou is active
From: John M. Dow
Date: 2 DEC 1992 15:21:37

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail        2-DEC-1992 15:21:37       Message Number 144
***********************************************************************

From:    John M. Dow
Subject: Rogue receiver at Kourou is active
         ----------------------------------

After a lot of problems with transfer of the data from the Rogue receiver
at Kourou, we are finally obtaining the data regularly. Instead of the
original method with dial-up to a Telebit modem, we are down-loading the
data shortly after midnight to a PC in the station (by an automatic program),
and then transferring them with the ZMODEM protocol through an existing
X.25 line to ESOC. Data is available since day 323, and will be transferred
to CDDIS in the next few days.

The Kourou receiver is a Mini-Rogue, type SNR-8C. Like the other ESA receiver
at Maspalomas, it is connected to the station cesium time standard. Since
the 10 day period in August 1992 (days 222 to 231) when we were able to
download the data by telephone, a permanent monument has been constructed.
The antenna is therefore displaced from the previous location by about
-3.0, -1.1, +1.1 metres in longitude, latitude and height respectively.

The station reference point KOUR is a mark at the centre of a horizontal metal
plate embedded on the concrete monument. The vertical displacement from the
reference mark to the baseplate of the antenna is 132 mm.

The data quality looks good, apart from the latter part of day 325 and most
of day 326, when few satellites were tracked. Initial estimates of the
new coordinates are given in our IGS report for week 671.

John M. Dow
ESA/ESOC

End of Message