Subject: [IGSMAIL-143] GPS Global Network Advisory
From: Ulf J. Lindqwister/JPL
Date: 2 DEC 1992 10:21:39

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail        2-DEC-1992 10:21:39       Message Number 143
***********************************************************************

From:	 Ulf J. Lindqwister/JPL
Subject: GPS Global Network Advisory
         ---------------------------

The new software (Meenix 7.3) for the Rogue's (SNR-8, 800, 8C)
will be released on December 15, 1992. It will be shipped to the sites
around this date and probably arriving in early January. The new
version corrects storage problem of L2 for X-Correlation data,
where the L2 variable had a cm-level random noise scatter
(X-Correlation is the data mode available when AS is on).

The reason why the release have been delayed for a month and
a half is due to the fact that certain biases have been discovered
in GPS observables from the Rogue under codeless operation (when AS is on).
These biases have been described by Geoff Blewitt in a Memo entitled
"Mixing data types from Rogue/TurboRogue in code/codeless modes" from
November 16, 1992, and distributed to several IGS analysis representatives
(G.Beutler, Y.Bock, J.Dow, C.Goad, J.Kouba, C.Reigber, B.Schutz).
The current release will resolve some of these biases present when
mixing C/A and P-Code data types, but not all of them. Another release
is planned for once these problems have been better identified and resolved.

A fuller description of the current limitations of the new version
will be given in the near future.

Regards,

- Ulf

Ulf J. Lindqwister
GPS Networks & Operations Group
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
4800 Oak Grove Dr.
Pasadena, CA 91109

(818) 354 1734
(818) 393 4965, FAX
[email-masked]