Subject: [IGSMAIL-1410] Problems at IGN Global Data Center
From: Werner Gurtner
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 6:05:15 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Fri Aug 16  6:05:15 PDT 1996      Message Number 1410
******************************************************************************

Author: Werner Gurtner
Subject: Problems at IGN Global Data Center

The data transfer to and from IGN is currently not working properly.
Unfortunately (for us) Loic Daniel is on vacation till Monday, August 26,
and it is not sure that his colleagues at IGN can identify and eliminate
the problem.

The European Regional Data Center at IfAG Frankfurt starts today to upload
the European Tracking Data directly to CDDIS. (This is the standard
procedure in case IGN fails). However, the data link from IfAG to CDDIS seems
to be very slow these days. We will assess the situation again next Monday and
check if we have to find another solution.

From Europe the Global Data has to be accessed directly at one of the other
two Global Data Centers, CDDIS or SIO. Access information can be found at the
IGS Information System (ftp://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/igscb/center/data).

Werner Gurtner
IGS Central Bureau    

[Mailed From: Werner Gurtner <[email-masked]>]