Subject: [IGSMAIL-140] Meeting announcements !
From: Gerhard Beutler
Date: 1 DEC 1992 15:27:11

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail        1-DEC-1992 15:27:11       Message Number 140
***********************************************************************
 
From:    Gerhard Beutler 
Subject: Meeting announcements !
         -----------------------

Announcement of IGS Related Meetings :
____________________________________

There will be a business meeting of those members of the IGS oversight
committee attending the 1992 AGU Fall Meeting in San Francisco. One
agenda item will be the - still preliminary - agenda for the 1993 IGS
Workshop at the University of Berne. I want to send out the registration
forms and the call for papers in the week following the workshop by
IGS mail and by "normal" mail. The preliminary agenda for the Berne
meeting is included below.

1. Business Meeting at the 1992 AGU Fall Meeting
   _____________________________________________

     Room: Twin Peaks       Location: Ramada Hotel, San Francisco
     Time: 5:00pm-9:00pm    Date: Thursday, Dec 10, 1992

Topics : 1. Preparation of the 1993 Berne IGS Workshop
         2. Epoch'92 : State of processing, re-processing of global
                       data for this time period
         3. Discussion of Epoch events for 1993
         4. Pilot Service : How is it working, are the routine
            orbit comparisons sufficient, ...
         5. Verification of action items of Goddard meeting
         6. Varia

2. The 1993 Berne IGS Workshop/Oversight Committee Meeting
   _______________________________________________________

Date  : 24 March 1993 - 27 March 1993

Place : Institut fuer Exakte Wissenschaften
        Sidlerstrasse 5
        CH-3012 Bern

        Very close to the Berne Railway Station (3-5 minutes walk,
        depending on physical condition)

Tentative Schedule :
__________________

Wednesday, March 24 : Oversight Committee : Working Groups
                      ___________________

14:00-14:45 Plenary Session : Definition of Working Groups
15:00-19:00 Working Groups

Thursday, March 25 : IGS Workshop
                     ____________

08:30-12:30 The 1992 IGS Test Campaign : Part I
14:30-18:30 Epoch'92                   : Part I
19:30-??:?? Social Event : Cheese Melting Party ...

Friday  , March 26 : IGS Workshop
                     ____________

08:30-12:30 Epoch'92                   : Part II
14:30-18:30 The 1992 Campaign and the  : Part II
            IGS Pilot Service

Within each session there will be a 20 minutes coffee break.

Saturday, 27 March : Oversight Committee Meeting :
                     ___________________________
08:30-09:30 : Working Group Reports
10:00-12:00 : Discussion of Proposal for the IGS Service to IAG
14:00-16:00 : Discussion of Proposal for the IGS Service to IAG
              (if necessary)

The IERS Directing Board will be represented in Berne.  Meetings of
this Board and Joint Meetings IERS/IGS will be announced separately
later on.

Announcements with registration forms will be sent out in the week of
December 14 (1992!), after the AGU Meeting.