Subject: [IGSMAIL-1396] SANT Receiver Change !?
From: T.A. Springer
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 1:10:47 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Fri Jul 26  1:10:47 PDT 1996      Message Number 1396
******************************************************************************

Author: T.A. Springer
Subject: SANT Receiver Change !?

Dear Colleagues,

Our Rinex checking indicates that (starting?) on day 204 something has
changed for the (fix !!) station of SANT. According to the Rinex file
the receiver type has changed from a ROGUE SNR-8 to a ROGUE SNR-8000.

Furthermore the Rinex header used to indicate an (wrong!) antenna height 
of 0.163 meters (correct height was 0.093) but now indicates an antenna
height of 0.0614 meter. The antenna itself however seems to be unchanged.

Due to these inconsistencies we have decided NOT to use the data of 
this station especially since it is one of the official 13-fix sites.

This is the second time within one year that one of the 13-fix sites is
changed without prior notice which is, in my opinion, an intolerable 
situation!! This situation is worsened by the fact that, in spite of the
effort Werner Gurtner and me have gone through over the last couple of
months, the information in the Rinex headers can still not be trusted. 

Regards,
    Tim Springer
    CODE Analysis Center

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Tim Springer                       Astronomical Institute, University of Berne 
 Tel:   +41 31 6318592              Sidlerstrasse 5, CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland  
 Fax:   +41 31 6313869              ftp: ubeclu.unibe.ch  -or-  130.92.6.11
 e-mail: [email-masked]          after login: cd aiub$ftp
 www:   http://ubeclu.unibe.ch/aiub/
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

           

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Tim Springer                       Astronomical Institute, University of Berne 
 Tel:   +41 31 6318592              Sidlerstrasse 5, CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland  
 Fax:   +41 31 6313869              ftp: ubeclu.unibe.ch  -or-  130.92.6.11
 e-mail: [email-masked]          after login: cd aiub$ftp
 www:   http://ubeclu.unibe.ch/aiub/
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

           

[Mailed From: TIM SPRINGER <[email-masked]>]