Subject: [IGSMAIL-139] CDDIS Hardware Problems
From: CDDIS/Carey Noll
Date: 24 NOV 1992 17:10:10

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail       24-NOV-1992 17:10:10       Message Number 139
***********************************************************************
 
From:     CDDIS/Carey Noll
Subject:  CDDIS Hardware Problems 
---------------------------------

One of the two optical disk drives (GPS2) on CDDIS is experiencing
hardware problems.  Therefore, only one optical drive is currently
on-line available to users.  The disk GPS1 is available and contains
data from day 319 onwards.  Data prior to day 319 is temporarily
off-line due to this hardware problem.  The system should be repaired
sometime Wednesday.  In the meantime, users can contact CDDIS (Carey
Noll) to schedule on-line availability of data prior to day 319.
Alternatively, users can access the other global data centers at
Scripps and IGN until problems with CDDIS are repaired.  We regret the
inconvenience these problems have caused the user community.  Users
should contact Carey if they have any questions.