Subject: [IGSMAIL-1373] WHIT back online; WHIT / FLIN site forms
From: Michael Schmidt
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 12:21:04 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Thu Jun 27 12:21:04 PDT 1996      Message Number 1373
******************************************************************************

Author: Michael Schmidt
Subject: WHIT back online; WHIT / FLIN site forms

***************************************************************************
                     GEOLOGICAL SURVEY OF CANADA
                   WESTERN CANADA DEFORMATION ARRAY
                         GPS TRACKER ADVISORY

GPS TRACKER ID: WHIT
MONUMENT No.: 7787017    
LOCATION:       Whitehorse, Yukon  Canada

ADVISORY: As we reported in IGSMAIL 1366 we experienced a power problem at
WHIT June 21, 1996; the probelm turned out to be with the neutral line from
the grid power: it had become detached from the building during a wind
storm. The surge suppressor / power bar at WHIT shorted as a result causing
a small fire in the unit. Damage was limited to the power bar.

Battery back up kept the receiver running until 08:00UT DOY 174; data for
DOY 173 (24 hours of data) and DOY 174 (8 hours of data) has been forwarded
to CDDIS.

Tracking commenced again effective 16:00UT DOY 179 (June 27). Data posted
for DOY 179 will therefore be limited to 16:00 - 24:00.

SITEINFO FILES:

Site information files for FLIN and WHIT have been forwarded to the Central
Bureau.

Regards

Mike

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
ADVISORY DISTRIBUTION:          IGS
                                CANADIAN ACS
                                
PREPARED BY:  MS                DATE: 96/06/27
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Michael Schmidt                            Tel  (604) 363-6760
Pacific Geoscience Centre                  FAX  (604) 363-6565
Geological Survey of Canada                internet:  [email-masked]
P.O. Box 6000
9860 West Saanich Rd.
Sidney, B.C.  Canada  V8L 4B2
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

[Mailed From: Michael Schmidt <[email-masked]>]