Subject: [IGSMAIL-1372] Change to JPL data archive
From: Keith F. Stark
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 10:06:27 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Wed Jun 26 10:06:27 PDT 1996      Message Number 1372
******************************************************************************

Author: Keith F. Stark
Subject: Change to JPL data archive

The old JPL archive will be shutdown as of July 15, 1996. Please change all
scripts to access data from the new area as soon as possible to allow for
period of testing before the old archive is shutdown. I have included the
previos IGSMail (#1352) which has a description of the new archive. If you
have any questions or concerns, please contact me immediately.

Regards,
Keith F. Stark

--------------------- IGSMail #1352

Author: Keith F. Stark

   Within the next two months, JPL will be moving to a new data archiving
system that will completely replace the currenc VMS based system. The new
system has been operating successfully for the last several months in
parallel with the old system. All of the RINEX data collected by this
system is now available via anonymous ftp to bodhi.jpl.nasa.gov
(128.149.70.66). The new system uses the RINEX standard naming convention
with a trailing .Z for UNIX compressed file or a .gz for a GNU Zip
compressed file. In the same directory, we have included a validation file
for each site that contains various information on the data for that day.
We encourage all of the data centers that collect data from JPL to use the
new archive and report any problems or concerns that they have to
[email-masked]. All of the relevant information on the archive
can be found below.

Regards,
Keith F. Stark

URL for data archive:

ftp://bodhi.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/pro/yYYYY/dDDD/SSSSDDDs.yy[o,n,v].[gz,Z]

where
YYYY  = four digit year (e.g. 1996)
DDD   = Day of year (e.g. 163)
SSSS  = four character site code (e.g. JPLM)
s     = session number of file (e.g. 0 for complete day of data)
yy    = two digit year (e.g. 96)
o     = RINEX Observation file
n     = RINEX Ephemeris file
v     = JPL validation file
gz    = GNU Zip compress file
Z     = UNIX compressed file

To get data for JPLM on day 163 for 1996 the URLs would be.

ftp://bodhi.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/pro/y1996/d163/jplm1630.96o.gz
ftp://bodhi.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/pro/y1996/d163/jplm1630.96n.gz
ftp://bodhi.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/pro/y1996/d163/jplm1630.96v

The validation file is not compressed and is an ASCII file.

The gzip (GNU Zip) program is available for most architectures at:
ftp://prep.ai.mit.edu/pub/gnu/

========================================================================
Keith F. Stark                     Telephone: (818) 354 5922
GPS Networks & Operations Group    FAX:       (818) 393 4965
Jet Propulsion Laboratory          Email:     [email-masked]
4800 Oak Grove Dr.                 GPS info:  [email-masked]
Pasadena, CA 91109
========================================================================

[Mailed From: [email-masked] (Keith F. Stark)]