Subject: [IGSMAIL-1366] WHIT
From: Michael Schmidt
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 9:21:27 PDT

IGS Electronic Mail      Mon Jun 24  9:21:27 PDT 1996      Message Number 1366
******************************************************************************

Author: Michael Schmidt
Subject: WHIT: outage

***************************************************************************
                     GEOLOGICAL SURVEY OF CANADA
                   WESTERN CANADA DEFORMATION ARRAY
                         GPS TRACKER ADVISORY

GPS TRACKER ID: WHIT
MONUMENT No.: 7787017    
LOCATION:       Whitehorse, Yukon  Canada

ADVISORY: The surge suppressor / power bar at WHIT apparently shorted
causing a small fire in the unit; damage is (hopefully) limited to this
power bar. As a result the site has been out since Friday June 21. New
equipment is presently being acquired; assuming no further damage to any of
the GPS equipment we should be back on line later today (Monday, June 24).
We will advise when data is once again availble.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Cheers

Mike

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
ADVISORY DISTRIBUTION:          IGS
                                CANADIAN ACS
                                
PREPARED BY:  MS                DATE: 96/06/24
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Michael Schmidt                            Tel  (604) 363-6760
Pacific Geoscience Centre                  FAX  (604) 363-6565
Geological Survey of Canada                internet:  [email-masked]
P.O. Box 6000
9860 West Saanich Rd.
Sidney, B.C.  Canada  V8L 4B2
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

[Mailed From: Michael Schmidt <[email-masked]>]