Subject: [IGSMAIL-1345] New Site
From: Michael Schmidt
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 15:09:51 PDT

IGS Electronic Mail      Mon Jun 10 15:09:51 PDT 1996      Message Number 1345
******************************************************************************

Author: Michael Schmidt
Subject: New Site: Whitehorse (WHIT)

***************************************************************************
                     GEOLOGICAL SURVEY OF CANADA
                   WESTERN CANADA DEFORMATION ARRAY
                           NEW GPS TRACKER

We have re-installed our GPS receiver in Whitehorse, Yukon. WHIT started
operation effective 00:00UT DOY 159 (June 7/96).

Up until this year this receiver has run only during the summer months
(1993, 1995) to support various projects in the Yukon and Alaska. It is
anticipated that this year the receiver will be in place until at least late
September, possibly longer; (we are presently investigating the feasibility
of making this a permanent site).

We are in the process of setting up the procedures to automatically forward
this data to CDDIS / IGS. However in the interim (and in light of this
mornings event in the Aleutians) we are posting the data on our FTP site;
please feel free to access the data as follows:

data in both RINEX and CONAN binary available from our anonymous FTP site:
 
                         sikanni.pgc.emr.ca

directory:

/ftp/pub/gpsdata/conan  (conan binary data by day of year; eg 96doy159)
/ftp/pub/gpsdata/rinex  (rinex data by day of year; eg 96doy159 - unix 
                         compressed)

Starting 96doy162 data are available in both 4 hour and 24 hour files; the
24 hour files are merged from the 4 hour files. DOY 159 - 161: 24 hour files
only;

Site information file available in:

/ftp/pub/siteinfo/whitsite.dat

For access to data from previous years or for additional information please
contact us directly.

Regards

Mike

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Michael Schmidt                            Tel  (604) 363-6760
Pacific Geoscience Centre                  FAX  (604) 363-6565
Geological Survey of Canada                internet:  [email-masked]
P.O. Box 6000
9860 West Saanich Rd.
Sidney, B.C.  Canada  V8L 4B2

		***  PLEASE cc EMAIL MESSAGES TO: [email-masked] ***
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

[Mailed From: Michael Schmidt <[email-masked]>]