Subject: [IGSMAIL-1333] Duplicate RINEX files
From: W. Gurtner
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 4:16:38 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Thu May 30  4:16:38 PDT 1996      Message Number 1333
******************************************************************************

Author: W. Gurtner
Subject: Duplicate RINEX files

A recent check of the rinex header contents by Tim Springer showed that
occasionally rinex files showed up in the IGS data flow that have not been
rinexed by the responsible agency but obviously by a third party. This could
lead to a conflict of responsibilities and to some confusion because not all
of the auxiliary information was compatible.

This non-standard data flow could be identified and stopped.

Many thanks to the colleagues who helped identify and solve the problems,
especially to Jeff Behr (SIO), Keith Stark (JPL), Carey Noll (CDDIS), and
Tim Springer (CODE).

Werner Gurtner
IGS Central Bureau

[Mailed From: Werner Gurtner <[email-masked]>]