Subject: [IGSMAIL-130] Kokee Park Report
From: Tom Clark
Date: 6 NOV 1992 17:36:29

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail        6-NOV-1992 17:36:29       Message Number 130
***********************************************************************
 
==============================================================================
                   THIS FILE CONTAINS 4 MESSAGES
==============================================================================

From:    Tom Clark
Subject: Kokee Park Report
         -----------------

I am informed by Clyde Cox, the VLBI manager for the Kokee Park, Hawaii
facility, that commercial, full-time power has been restored after a 
nearly 2 month hiatus due to Hurricane Iniki hitting the island of Kauai
on Sept. 12th.

Tom Clark

==============================================================================
From:     Carey Noll/CDDIS
Subject:  CDDIS GPS Data Holdings for IGS Week 20/GPS Week 0668
---------------------------------------------------------------

              Current IGS GPS Data Holdings (as of 05-Nov-92 01:11)             
     IGS Week 20/GPS Week 0668 (October 25 thru 31, 1992; Days 299 thru 305)    
                                                                                
                                     2    3    3    3    3    3    3            
                    Mon.             9    0    0    0    0    0    0    No.     
    Site Name       Name  Receiver   9    0    1    2    3    4    5   Sites    
------------------  ----  --------  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  -----    
Albert Head         ALBH  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Algonquin           ALGO  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Fairbanks           FAIR  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Goldstone           GOLD  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Graz                GRAZ  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Hartebeesthoek      HART  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Harvest Platform    HARV  Rogue      X    X    X    X    -    -    -       4    
Herstmonceux        HERS  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Hobart              HOBA  Minimac    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Kootwijk            KOSG  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Madrid              MADR  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Maspalomas          MASP  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Matera              MATE  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
McMurdo             MCMU  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Metsahovi           METS  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Ny Alesund          NYAL  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    -       6    
Onsala              ONSA  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Pamate              PAMA  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Pasadena            JPLM  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Penticton           DRAO  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Pinyon Flat         PIN1  Ashtech    X    X    X    X    X    -    -       5    
Quincy              QUIN  Rogue      X    X    -    X    X    -    -       4    
Richmond            RCM2  Rogue      -    X    X    X    -    -    -       3    
Saint John's        STJO  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Santiago            SANT  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    -       6    
Scripps             SIO2  Ashtech    X    X    X    X    -    -    -       4    
Taiwan              TAIW  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Tidbinbilla         TIDB  Rogue      -    X    X    X    X    X    X       6    
Townsville          TOWN  Trimble    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Tromso              TROM  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Tsukuba             TSUK  Minimac    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Usuda               USUD  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Vandenberg          VNDP  Ashtech    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Wellington          WELL  Trimble    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Westford            WES1  Minimac    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Wettzell            WETT  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Yaragadee           YAR1  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Yellowknife         YELL  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Zimmerwald          ZIMM  Trimble    -    X    X    -    -    -    -       2    
------------------  ----  --------  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  -----    
Totals:               39  stations   36   39   38   38   35   33   31    250    

Notes:  CDDIS disk archive status:  

           GPS1:[GPSDATA] directory contains days 281 thru 300
           GPS2:[GPSDATA] directory contains days 301 and on
           GPS3:[PRODUCTS] directory contains IGS products 
           GPS3:[IGSMAIL] directory contains IGS MAIL messages and index

        CIGNET has discontinued operation of the Westford (WES1) receiver
            as of day 307 due to poor data quality.

        CDDIS has begun routinely retrieving PGGA data (SIO2, PIN1, VNDP) data
            from Scripps.  These data will be stored in the daily directories
            starting with day 292.

        JPL has resumed delivery of RCM2 (Richmond) and TIDBinbilla data as
            of day 300.

==============================================================================
From:     Jan Kouba
Subject:  EMR solution for week 0666
          --------------------------

Jan Kouba
Geodetic Survey of Canada
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Internet: [email-masked]

    from:    J. Kouba
    Subject: Geodetic Survey Division (GSD), SMRSS, EMR analysis results
             for the GPS weeks # 665,666 (Oct 04-Oct 17, 1992)

    submitted by:
    J. Kouba * , P. Tetreault, R. Ferland, F. Lahaye, M. Caissy, P. Heroux

    Geodetic Survey Division (GSD), Surveys Mapping & Remote Sensing Sector
    (SMRS), Energy Mines and Resources (EMR), 615 Booth Str., Ottawa, K1A 0E3
*   on secondment to the Geodetic Survey from the Geophysics Div., Geological 
    Survey of Canada (GSC), EMR, 1 Observatory cresc., Ottawa, K1A 0Y3

       
      Our analysis utilizes the JPL GIPSY/OASIS II (UNIX) software system 
and data from all (up to 7) Canadian stations augmented by up to 12, globally 
distributed, core stations (see Table 1 for the list of stations).  
      Starting with this submissions we have implemented:
  - a new estimation strategy (see bellow)
  - constraining additional stations at IGS coordinates (up to 11, see Table1)  
  - including 3 additional stations (HOLB, MCMU and PAMA).
 
     The new estimation strategy includes an additional DUT1 unknown parameter,
estimated with respect to stochastically modeled (random walk of 1m/sqrt(1day))
satellite orbits, and initialized, once a week, at the a priori DUT1 (Bull. A)
values. Undifferenced phase and pseudorange observations are weighted according
to sigmas computed from the following exponential function:
		 sig0 + sig1*exp(-el/el0),
where el is the elevation angle (in deg); el0=20deg; sig0 and sig1 are set at
4 and 15mm (100 and 520mm) for undifferenced phase (pseudorange) observations
at most stations.
      Submitted results start with GPS Week # 665 and include only days when 
AS was not invoked. The EOP for the week #665 is resubmitted here to provide
the necessary overlap. The week #666 was also computed with the old strategy,
the average offsets (new-old) in x and y were: -1.2+-.4mas; -2.1+-.2mas. 
CAUTION: The old EMR EOP series is labelled at noon each day (0.5 of MJD), 
more correct labelling would have been at midnight (0.0) of each MJD as this was
the apriori used to reconstruct the total values. Strictly speaking, the EOP
solution corrections refer to noon (0.5) so that both apriori and corrections
at 0.5 MJD should have been used (and are now used for the new EMR EOP).
      This effort is a part of a joint pilot project to test the
so called "Active Control System" in Canada and involves the  Geodetic
Survey (GSD), SMRSS, the Geophysics Division and Pacific Geoscience Centre of
the Geological Survey of Canada, all three institutions are part of the
Department of Energy, Mines & Resources (EMR).

        Table 1 : Station Summary (also indicated are day no. for which a 
particular station is not included in the daily solution, either due to being 
down or data being late) 

 station               IGS code        missing day no. of 1992

Albert Head, CAN       ALBH
Algonquin, CAN         ALGO*        
Fairbanks              FAIR*        
Goldstone              GOLD*        
Hartebeesthoek         HART*        
Holberg,CAN            HOLB
Kokee Park             KOKB        278 -> 291
Madrid                 MADR*        280
McMurdo                MCMU
Pamatai                PAMA
Penticton, CAN         DRAO 
Prince Albert, CAN     PRAL
Santiago               SANT*        280 
St. Johns, CAN         STJO
Canbera                TIDB*       
Tromsoe                TROM*        
Wettzell               WETT*       
Yarragadee             YAR1*
Yellowknife, CAN       YELL*   
* indicates constrained stations, remaining are solved for (50m apriori sig.)

    SOLUTION CHARACTERISTICS

Reference frame and orientation
        Nominally ITRF91 at epoch 1992.5, realized by constraining up to 11 
above stations at the IGS coordinates (see IGS message #90): 
Orientation is realized through the above coordinates and the fixed, once a 
week, DUT1 values from the current NEOS/IERS (Bull. A).

Constants and models 
- no change, see the IGS mess. #101 for details-
Estimation strategies
- no change, see the IGS mess. #101 for details - , except for the estimation
of DUT1, stochastic orbit modeling, new weighting of L3,P3 discussed above.
  ALGO was used as time reference.                           

  Table 3:  Summary of estimated parameters and apriori weighting
  (L3 and P3 undifferenced phase and smoothed pseudorange sigmas of 4/15mm 
100/520mm were used with an exponential el. weighting;  > 15 deg @ 5min)

 parameter         model                  apriori weighting (sigmas)
station X,Y,Z      unknown parameters     50m (fixed stations .002-.02m)
pole  x,y            "       "            3m 
Dut1                 "       "            3m ; fixed/reset once a week
trop. zen. delay     "       "            0.2m
trop. bias         random walk            .01m/sqrt(1hour)
satellite states   unknown parameters     1km; .005m/s or 1m; .0005m/s
rad. press Gx,Gz     "       "            10%
rad. press Gy        "       "            1.0 10e-9 m/s^2
initial real cy amb. "       "            300000km
station clocks     white noise            1s
satellite clocks     "     "              1ms and .1ms for Block I and II,resp.

       Aposterioi variance factors typically are between 0.5 and 1.0 (noise 
about 3mm and 200mm for phase and smoothed pseudorange observations, resp.). 
Due to data quality for the AS days the results for the corresponding 
days (with AS turned on) are not included here. 

   SUMMARY OF CANADIAN EMR SOLUTION 

1. Analysis centre    : Geodetic Survey Division (GSD), SMRSS , EMR
2. Solution identifier:  Submission 921105 
3. Software used      :  GIPSY/OASIS II (UNIX )
4. Definition of Terrestrial frame:
   origin             : Nominally ITRF91
   orientation        :    "        "
   reference epoch    : 1992.5
   velocity of light  : 299792458 m/s
   GM                 : 389600.4414 km^3/s^5
   gravity model      : GEMT3( 8,8) +C21+S21
   permanent tide corr: None
   ocean loading      : Pagiatakis, global model
5. Adjusted parameters:
   undifferenced phase and smoothed pseudorange data  > 15 degrees @ 5 min.
   single day (24h) arc with 6 IC and 3 rad. parameters per satellite (19 
   satellites, PRN 27 included)
   tropospheric zenith delay corr. parameter augmented with random walk stoch. 
   process
   initial phase ambiguity parameters (one for each satellite station pass or 
   initial phase)
   station positions X,Y,Z, up to 19 stations, ALGO, FAIR, GOLD, HART, SANT, 
   TROM, WETT, YELL, MADR, TIDB and YAR1 constrained.
   x, y pole position once a day (DUT1 fixed/solved; DUT1,x,y apriori sigma=3m)
   station clock biases once per each epoch/station (except for ALGO h. maser
   which provides the time reference) with sigma 1 s
   satellite clock biases once per each epoch/satellite with 1ms or .1ms sigma

Pole solution for non AS days

MJD      date          x(")      y(")   DUT1(s)   xsig     ysig    utsig   xyc

48899.5 10/04/92                 AS on
48900.5 10/05/92                 AS on
48901.5 10/06/92     .07174    .50298   .27496   .00026   .00022    0      0
48902.5 10/07/92     .07475    .50255   .27253   .00022   .00020   .00014  0
48903.5 10/08/92     .07819    .50173   .27005   .00023   .00020   .00020  0
48904.5 10/09/92     .08109    .50195   .26741   .00026   .00023   .00024  0
48905.5 10/10/92                 AS on
48906.5 10/11/92                 AS on
48907.5 10/12/92                 AS on
48908.5 10/13/92     .09039    .49698   .25835   .00024   .00020    0      0
48909.5 10/14/92     .09289    .49686   .25620   .00022   .00019   .00014  0
48900.5 10/15/92     .09568    .49635   .25368   .00022   .00019   .00020  0
48911.5 10/16/92     .09741    .49548   .25127   .00022   .00020   .00024  0
48912.5 10/17/92                 AS on

Products generated:

The following products are generated and uploaded into CDDIS @ NASA/GSFC

EMR06663.EPH        GPS ephemeris for week#666/d3 in sp3 format (exl. prn26)
EMR06667.EPH        GPS ephemeris for week # 666/d4-6 in sp3 format

EMR06667.ERP        pole x y solutions for week# 665(resubmitted),666
 
EMR06667.SUM        name of this text file

remarks on EMR's products:
1. only days with no AS included
2. ALGO hydrogen maser used as a time reference. In the sp3 EPH file sat.
   epochs with no reference (e.g. ALGO not observing a satellite) have a value 
   of 99999. microseconds. 
   ALGO clock error was about -0.15microsec w.r.t. GPS time during this period.
3. ephemeris refers to the mass centre of SV
4. DUT1 var-covariance matrix is fully populated, consequence of a random walk
   orbit model. i.e. cov(i,j)= var(i,i). Differences or LODRs are uncorrelated
   with var= var(j,j)-var(i,i); j=i+1. DUT1 solutions may or may not be real,
   they may reflect orbit (longitude) mismodeling common to all satellites.
5. prn26 exluded on Oct 13/92 due to orbit change

==============================================================================
From:    Ch. Reigber
Subject: Report for GPS Week 667 (Days 292-298) from GFZ
         ===============================================

This report is generated by the GeoForschungsZentrum Potsdam (GFZ) 
on a weekly basis for the International GPS Geodynamics Service (IGS). 

PRODUCT SUMMARY 

   GFZ0667*.EPH:  GPS ephemerides for GPS Week 667 (SP3 format, pos. and vel.)
                  * represents: 2 for Tuesday, .... , 5 for Friday
   GFZ06677.ERP:  Earth rotation parameter (UT1 corrections are not included)
   GFZ06677.CLK:  ST and SV clock parameters of each observation epoch (the
                  maser-based clock at Fairbanks is taken as reference clock)
   GFZ06677.SUM:  Summary file for reporting week 

The above specified products are available at CDDIS. The ERP results are 
submitted additional to IERS Central Bureau and IERS Sub Bureau for Rapid
Service and Predictions.

*********************************************************************************
Note: Due to AS all product files do not include the days 292, 293
      and 298.
*********************************************************************************

CORE STATION SUMMARY

The Core Station data used in the solutions is given below.  

                                      Day of Week 667
                                     T  W  T  F
                                     U  E  H  R
        Site                         E  D  U  I
Name            Code      
-------------------------------------------------
Algonquin       ALGO                 X  X  X  X
Fairbanks       FAIR                 X  X  X  X
Goldstone       DS10                 X  X  X  X
Hartebeesthoek  HART                 X  X  X  X
Kokee Park      KOKR                 -  -  -  -
Mc Murdo        MCMU                 X  X  X  X
Ny-Alesund      NALL                 X  X  X  X
Pamatai         PAMA                 X  X  X  X
Santiago        SANT                 X  X  X  X
Tai Shi         TAIW                 X  X  X  X	
Tidbinbilla     TIDB                 -  -  -  - 
Tromsoe         TROM                 X  X  X  X 
Usuda           USUD                 X  X  X  X
Wettzell        WTZ1                 X  X  X  X
Yellowknife     YELL                 X  X  X  X
Yarragadee      YAR1                 X  X  X  X
-------------------------------------------------

SOLUTION CHARACTERISTICS

1. Analysis Center: GFZ/DLR
2. Analysing Team: D. Angermann, R. Galas, Ch. Reigber, S.Y. Zhu
3. Solution Identifier: EPH(GFZ)92G01-DDD
                        ERP(GFZ)92G02-DDD
                        CLK(GFZ)92G01-DDD (only relative)
4. Software used: GEPARD4.0
5. Defintion of Terrestrial Reference Frame
   Origin: Nominally ITRF-90
   Orientation: Nominally ITRF-90
   Reference Epoch: 1992.352 (MJD 48750)
   Fixed set of stations: Y. Bock Solution (IGS Message No.101)
   ALGO, YELL, FAIR, KOKR, TROM, WTZ1, YAR1, PAMA,
   MCMU, TAIW, DS10, SANT, HART, NALL, 
6. Data used:
   - undifferenced pseudo ranges and carrier phases
   - 1-day arc solutions 
7. Adjusted parameters:
   - State vector of all GPS satellites
   - Daily polar motion
   - Coordinate corrections for non-fixed stations
   - Troposheric zenith path delay 
   - Solar radiation scale and y-bias 
   - Ambiguities
   - ST and SV clock parameters of each observation epoch (the 
     maser-based clock at Fairbanks is taken as reference clock)

SOLUTION STATISTICS

                         Arc No.      2     3     4     5    
   ------------------------------------------------------
   Observation Interval [sec]       360   360   360   360
   Number of observations         22249 22100 22913 21117 
   RMS of carrier phases [cm]       0.6   0.6   0.6   0.6 
   RMS of code measurements [cm]   47.6  44.3  45.8  47.1 
   ------------------------------------------------------

-  GFZ06677.ERP
   ============

   Solution identifier for ERP-Results:
   * GPS week 650-653:   ERP(GFZ)92G01-DDD 
   * since GPS week 654: ERP(GFZ)92G02-DDD
   Please notice, that these two solutions are related to
   different reference frames.
    
   MJD     x    sigmax   y    sigmay

 48915.5 0.1076 0.0003 0.4961 0.0003
 48916.5 0.1085 0.0003 0.4950 0.0003
 48917.5 0.1120 0.0003 0.4929 0.0003
 48918.5 0.1147 0.0003 0.4919 0.0003

-  GFZ06677.CLK
   ============
   
   The clock parameter file is avaibable at CDDIS.
   The format of this file is described in the
   IGS Message No. 55.