Subject: [IGSMAIL-1286] Galapagos Site.
From: Keith F. Stark
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 14:50:31 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Fri Apr 19 14:50:31 PDT 1996      Message Number 1286
******************************************************************************

Author: Keith F. Stark
Subject: Galapagos Site.

It has just been brought to my attention that four character ID for
Galapagos was given incorrectly in IGSMail #1264.  The correct ID for the
site is GALA. All of the data available on BODHI was posted under the
correct ID of GALA. GAL1 was not used due to a conflict with the Galveston
site operated by the US Coast Gaurd. No files at JPL have been changed, the
original IGSMail was the mistake.

We apologize for any confusion,

Keith F. Stark

----------- Old Message: IGSMail #1264----------------
Author: Keith F. Stark

JPL has installed a new site at the Galapagos Islands. A TurboRogue
SNR-8000 with a Dorne Margolin T antenna has been running there since Jan
30, 1996.  Data is currently being mailed back to JPL once a month.
Internet communications to the site are going to be implemented with in the
next few months which will allow us to get the data back in a more timely
manner. A sitelog is being prepared for the IGS Central Bureau.

SITE:     GAL1
RECEIVER: TurboRogue SNR-8000
ANTENNA:  Dorne Margolin T
HEIGHT:   0.0814 meters

regards,
Keith F. Stark

-------------------------------------------

========================================================================
Keith F. Stark                     Telephone: (818) 354 5922
GPS Networks & Operations Group    FAX:       (818) 393 4965
Jet Propulsion Laboratory          Email:     [email-masked]
4800 Oak Grove Dr.                 GPS info:  [email-masked]
Pasadena, CA 91109
========================================================================

[Mailed From: [email-masked] (Keith F. Stark)]