Subject: [IGSMAIL-1282] GPS Receiver
From: Ludwig Combrinck
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 23:49:51 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Thu Apr 18 23:49:51 PDT 1996      Message Number 1282
******************************************************************************

Author: Ludwig Combrinck
Subject: GPS Receiver

HartRAO is a participant in several geodetic VLBI networks,
IRIS,STRF,GTRF,POLRS,GGLOBAL,SATL,GEOCAT,CRFDS and CRFMS. We would like
to increase our value to the international and local geodetic community, by 
operating a GPS receiver on site, which we will colocate with the VLBI
antenna and SLR reference mark. Unfortunately, we cannot purchase such a
receiver, but do have the infrastructure to operate it and distribute the
data to the IGS and other users. Having a GPS receiver will allow us to
participate in local geodetic networks, which will lead to the utilisation
of the VLBI reference point as an absolute reference by the local 
geodetic community. This will enhance our standing with them and improve
our capability of justifying our participation in international geodesy. 

Therefore, if any institute/organisation is willing to lend/donate us a
receiver, we would appreciate the gesture.

Regards

Ludwig Combrinck 

[Mailed From: Ludwig Combrinck <[email-masked]>]