Subject: [IGSMAIL-1261] CODE/AIUB anonymous ftp changes
From: T.A. Springer
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 6:51:52 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Thu Mar 28  6:51:52 PST 1996      Message Number 1261
******************************************************************************

Author: T.A. Springer
Subject: CODE/AIUB anonymous ftp changes

Dear Colleagues,

Today we have reordered our anonymous ftp slightly. First of all we
have created yearly subdirectories in our [CODE] directory for the older
data. The data of the current year will remain in the CODE directory 
but all older data has been moved to their specific yearly subdirectories.
Also some files in the yearly subdirectories have been compressed to save
diskspace.

The second change is moving the [.ATM], [.DATPAN], [.GEN], [.OUT] and [.STA] 
subdirectories from the [CODE] to the [BSWUSER] directory. Everybody
getting or putting files from any of these [CODE] subdirectories should 
now get or put them to the [BSWUSER] subdirectories.

 OLD STRUCTURE      NEW STRUCTURE
 -------------      ------------
 CODE --- ATM       BSWUSER --- ATM       CODE --- 1992
      |-- DATPAN            |-- DATPAN         |-- 1993
      |-- GEN               |-- GEN            |-- 1994
      |-- OUT               |-- OUT            |-- 1995
      |-- STA               |-- STA

Finally one should note that the C04*.ERP, RAP*.ERP and the SAT_*.CRX files
which were available in the [CODE] directory now have been moved to the
[BSWUSER.GEN] directory.

The reason behind these changes is that we have decided that the CODE
directory should hold ONLY our official IGS products. All other (IGS) results
and files specific to the Bernese software therefore had to be moved to
the BSWUSER directory (where BSW stands for Bernese SoftWare). 

We advice everybody to update their automatic ftp scripts to comply with 
these changes. Hopefully these changes do not cause to many problems. 
We apologize for any inconvenience these changes may cause.

Kind regards,
        Tim Springer,
        CODE Analysis Center.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Tim Springer                       Astronomical Institute, University of Berne 
 Tel:   +41 31 6318592              Sidlerstrasse 5, CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland  
 Fax:   +41 31 6313869              ftp: ubeclu.unibe.ch  -or-  130.92.6.11
 e-mail: [email-masked]          after login: cd aiub$ftp
 www:   http://ubeclu.unibe.ch/aiub/
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Mailed From: Springer Tim <[email-masked]>]