Subject: [IGSMAIL-123] CDDIS GPS Data Holdings for IGS Week 18/GPS Week 0666
From: Carey Noll/CDDIS
Date: 22 OCT 1992 17:34:07

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail       22-OCT-1992 17:34:07       Message Number 123
***********************************************************************
 
==============================================================================
                   THIS FILE CONTAINS 2 MESSAGES
==============================================================================

From:     Carey Noll/CDDIS
Subject:  CDDIS GPS Data Holdings for IGS Week 18/GPS Week 0666
---------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                                
              Current IGS GPS Data Holdings (as of 22-Oct-92 07:10)             
     IGS Week 18/GPS Week 0666 (October 11 thru 17, 1992; Days 285 thru 291)    
                                                                                
                                     2    2    2    2    2    2    2            
                    Mon.             8    8    8    8    8    9    9    No.     
    Site Name       Name  Receiver   5    6    7    8    9    0    1   Sites    
------------------  ----  --------  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  -----    
Albert Head         ALBH  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Algonquin           ALGO  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Fairbanks           FAIR  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Goldstone           GOLD  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Graz                GRAZ  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Hartebeesthoek      HART  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Harvest Platform    HARV  Rogue      -    X    -    X    X    X    X       5    
Herstmonceux        HERS  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Hobart              HOBA  Minimac    X    X    X    -    X    X    X       6    
Kootwijk            KOSG  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Madrid              MADR  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Maspalomas          MASP  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Matera              MATE  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
McMurdo             MCMU  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Metsahovi           METS  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Ny Alesund          NYAL  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Onsala              ONSA  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Pamate              PAMA  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Pasadena            JPLM  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Penticton           DRAO  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Quincy              QUIN  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Saint John's        STJO  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Santiago            SANT  Rogue      -    X    X    X    X    X    X       6    
Taiwan              TAIW  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Tidbinbilla         TIDB  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Townsville          TOWN  Trimble    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Tromso              TROM  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Tsukuba             TSUK  Minimac    X    X    X    X    X    X    -       6    
Usuda               USUD  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Wellington          WELL  Trimble    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Westford            WES1  Minimac    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Wettzell            WETT  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Yaragadee           YAR1  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Yellowknife         YELL  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Zimmerwald          ZIMM  Trimble    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
------------------  ----  --------  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  -----    
Totals:               35  stations   33   35   34   34   35   35   34    240    

Notes:  CDDIS disk archive status:  

           GPS1:[GPSDATA] directory contains days 281 and on
           GPS2:[GPSDATA] directory contains days 261 thru 280
           GPS3:[PRODUCTS] directory contains IGS products 
           GPS3:[IGSMAIL] directory contains IGS MAIL messages and index

        CIGNET has submitted Bejing (GV2A) data to the CDDIS for days 209 thru 
            217 in receiver format (Ashtech); CDDIS is currently reformatting 
            the data.  Please advise the CDDIS if you wish copies of these data.

        Beijing has submitted data from Nanjing (HT15) for days 206 thru 222 in 
            receiver format (Ashtech); CDDIS has reformatted the data.
            Please advise the CDDIS if you wish copies of these data.

==============================================================================
From:    Sandor Frey
Subject: ESA/ESOC analysis report
         ------------------------

-------------------------
ANALYSIS CENTRE: ESA/ESOC
-------------------------

OUTLINE OF THE ESTIMATION OF GPS-ORBITS AND EARTH ROTATION PARAMETERS AT THE
ESOC PROCESSING CENTER FOR IGS

J.M.Dow, S.Casotto, J.Feltens, S.Frey, C.Garcia-Martinez, T.Martin-Mur

Description of analysis for period 1992 October 11 - 17

1. SOFTWARE USED:   GPSOBS/BAHN5

2. MODELS USED AND PARAMETERS ESTIMATED/FIXED

   For a description of models and  parameters we are using ==> see IGS-Mail  51
   For updates of the models and parameters used =============> see IGS-Mail 114

   Starting with this week (day 285) we are using 20 degrees as the elevation
   cutoff angle (instead of 10 degrees as announced in the IGS-Mail 51)

                                        * * *

   To check the validity of our improved orbits we compare for every day the
   orbits propagated from the previous day with the orbits obtained in BAHN.
   This comparison gives rms of the differences less than (1,3,8) meters in the
   radial, cross track and along track components respectively for days without
   A/S, and (2,6,20) meters for A/S days. In case of a satellite with
   unusually high difference we can suppose that it's orbit is badly determined.

   On 13 October (day 287) the satellite SV-26 (PRN 26) was repositioned at
   about 20:25 UTC, and we have estimated that an along track manoeuvre of
   + 20.85 +- 0.04 mm/sec was performed. With this manoeuvre the fit is good
   after 20:25 and for the following day.

   On 16 October (day 290) the satellite SV-13 (PRN 2) was unusable from 7:49
   to 17:37 UTC, and the comparison of orbits shows rms of (2,7,20) meters for
   the SV-13 on this day.

3. GROUND STATIONS (if being estimated, one position (X,Y,Z) every day):

      The following table gives an overview over the ground stations,  that have
      been included into the GPS-data processing at ESOC. Except where otherwise
      noted ("remarks"), corrections are taken from IGS Mail No. 90  -  IGS site
      information and coordinates,updated version of IERS/IGS Tables in IGS Mail
      No. 65  -  (Boucher and Altamimi).
      __________________________________________________________________________
                          |             |    |    GPS WEEK 666     |
                          |             |    | 2  2  2  2  2  2  2 |
                          |             |    | 8  8  8  8  8  9  9 |
              SITE        |   COUNTRY   |CODE| 5  6  7  8  9  0  1 |  REMARKS
      --------------------|-------------|----|---------------------|------------
        Algonquin         | Canada      |ALGO| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        CANB/Tidbinbilla  | Australia   |TIDB| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
        Penticton         | Canada      |DRAO| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Fairbanks         | U.S.A/Alaska|FAIR| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Goldstone         | U.S.A.      |GOLD| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Hartebeesthoek    | South Africa|HART| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Herstmonceux      | U.K.        |HERS| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Kokee Park        | U.S.A/Hawaii|KOKB| ------------------- |
        Kourou      (ESA) | French Guyan|KOUR| ------------------- | own estim.
        Madrid            | Spain       |MADR| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Maspalomas  (ESA) | Spain/Can.Is|MASP| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
        Matera            | Italy       |MATE| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        McMurdo           | Antarctica  |MCMU| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
        Metsahovi         | Finland     |METS| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Ny Alesund/Spitzb.| Norway      |NYAL| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
        Onsala            | Sweden      |ONSA| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Pamate/Tahiti     | France      |PAMA| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
        Santiago          | Chile       |SANT| ----- F  F  F  F  F |
        St.John's, NF     | Canada      |STJO| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
        Tai-Shi           | Taiwan      |TAIW| ----- e  e  e  e -- |
        Usuda             | Japan       |USUD| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
        Wettzell          | Germany     |WETT| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Yaragadee         | Australia   |YAR1| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Yellowknife       | Canada      |YELL| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |

      with: "F" ... coordinates of ground station kept fixed,
            "e" ... coordinates of ground station estimated,
            "-" ... ground station not included on that day.

4. PRODUCTS GENERATED

   The following products are generated and stored in CDDIS at NASA/GSFC:

   ESA0666*.EPH   - Precise GPS orbits, * = 0 for Sunday ,..., 6 for Saturday
   ESA06667.ERP   - Earth rotation results for week beginning 1992 October 11
   ESA06667.SUM   - The name of this text file