Subject: [IGSMAIL-1213] gol2, tid2, fai2
From: J Zumberge, K Stark
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 15:25:24 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Mon Feb 12 15:25:24 PST 1996      Message Number 1213
******************************************************************************

Author: J Zumberge, K Stark
Subject: gol2, tid2, fai2

It is expected that the receiver hardware at the DSN sites Goldstone,
Tidbinbilla, and Madrid will be upgraded in the next few months.  The
same is true for the site at Fairbanks, Alaska.

In the interim, data from additional sites GOL2, TID2, and FAI2 are
available beginning Jan 1, 1996, on bodhi.jpl.nasa.gov, in the pub/rinex
area.

GOL2 is a TurboRogue connected to the same antenna as GOLD; it has been
used for testing of frequency standards.  To within about one
millimeter, we have verified that its position is indistinguishable from
GOLD.  Eventually there will be only one receiver -- a TurboRogue -- at
Goldstone.

TID2 and FAI2 are TurboRogues with experimental software that have been
used in support of the GPS Met experiment.  They currently have masers
for their frequency standards.  The Rinex files from these sites contain
30-s data.  The TID2 receiver is connected to the same antenna as the
TIDB receiver.  (FAIR and FAI2 do _not_ share a common antenna.  FAI2 is
within a few tens of meters of FAIR.)

Because of the experimental and temporary nature of GOL2, TID2, and
FAI2, formal IGS logs are not planned.  Use at your own risk.

[Mailed From: [email-masked]]