Subject: [IGSMAIL-1210] KOSG status
From: Boudewijn Ambrosius
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 1996 4:11:39 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Thu Feb  8  4:11:39 PST 1996      Message Number 1210
******************************************************************************

Author: Boudewijn Ambrosius
Subject: KOSG status

With reference to Danny van Loon's message of Feb. 2 (IGS mail nr. 1199),
concerning the problems at Kootwijk (KOSG), I would like to report the
following.

A new TurboRogue SNR-12 receiver has been installed in Kootwijk on February
2 and it has been successfully functioning since then. However, due to a
misunderstanding, the data has not yet been released. The situation was
further complicated due to the fact that there was only a 1 Mb flashcard
available, which cannot hold 24 hours of data. Therefore, we are currently
downloading 4 times a day. This means that the automatic procedures need to
be adjusted to concatenate the data into standard daily files. We are
currently working to make the data from February 2 (day 33) until yesterday
(day 38) available, hopefully later today. Please note that the receiver is
currently temporarily connected to a stable crystal oscillator, instead of
the rubidium standard. The latter will be reconnected as soon as it has
been checked. This will have to wait until Danny van Loon returns from a
trip outside the Netherlands. Next week a new site log will be submitted to
IGSCB.

We apologize for the inconvenience this problem may have caused.. We hope,
however, that KOSG will be even a better station now with the new receiver.

Boudewijn Ambrosius

[Mailed From: Boudewijn Ambrosius <[email-masked]>]