Subject: [IGSMAIL-118] JPL analysis report
From: J. Zumberge
Date: 15 OCT 1992 17:23:49

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail       15-OCT-1992 17:23:49       Message Number 118
***********************************************************************
 
==============================================================================
                   THIS FILE CONTAINS 4 MESSAGES
==============================================================================

From:    J. Zumberge
Subject: JPL analysis report
         -------------------

Submitted by

J F Zumberge, G Blewitt, M B Heflin, D C Jefferson, F H Webb

all at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology, 
Pasadena, CA  91109.

The following files have been posted on BODHI (for access to BODHI contact
[email-masked]):

______________________________________________________________________________
filename               contents
______________________________________________________________________________
jpl06647.sum           This text file.
jpl06647.erp           Earth rotation parameters for GPS week 664.
jpl06647.sp1           GPS ephemerides for GPS week 664, sp1 format.
jpl06647.sp3            "       "       "   "   "    " , sp3   "   .
______________________________________________________________________________

A-S testing occurred during "26 Sep 92 0100 UT to 28 Sep 92 1000 UT" and
"03 Oct 92 0100 UT to 05 Oct 92 1000 UT", according to the file
pub/gps/gpstd.txt obtained from tycho.usno.navy.mil. Results for Sunday,
Sep 27, and Saturday, Oct 03, are not included in this submission. The
results for Monday, Sep 28, exclude data from Block-II satellites
acquired when A-S was on.

We begin this week using 30 hours of data for every day analyzed, so that
the solar radiation pressure coefficients, estimated as stochastic
parameters, are better determined at the beginning and end of the day.
Thus, on Wednesday, Sep 30, for example, data beginning Tuesday, Sep 29
at 21:00 GPS time through Thursday, Oct 1 at 03:00 GPS time are used.
(The daily analyses are therefore not completely independent, as there
are 3 hours of common data on adjacent days.)

A consequence of this is better agreement in satellite positions at
the midnight boundary between adjacent days, as can be seen by the
generally smaller numbers in the ORBIT REPEATABILITY TABLE. Some of
this is due to the fact that common data are used. However, we also
believe that the orbits are actually improved because of better
estimations of the solar radiation pressure coefficients near the
beginning and end of each day.

We continue to de-weight data from GPS27, although, as of Tue, Sep 29,
it fits the model reasonably well.

WARNING: GPS27 is not well modeled on Monday, Sep 28. We recommend using
the broadcast ephemeris for that satellite and day.

JPL LODR TABLE                               GPS week 664 (1992 Sep 28 - Oct 02)
  MJD       LODR     +/-
          (ms/day)
 48893.5    2.23     0.09
 48894.5    2.24     0.06
 48895.5    2.34     0.06
 48896.5    2.40     0.06
 48897.5    2.15     0.06
END LODR TABLE

NOTE: In the following table, UT1R-UTC are the assumed nominal values from
IERS Bulletin-B predicts; estimated LODR values are given in the previous
table. See IGS Mail Message 97 for details.

JPL UTPM TABLE                               GPS week 664 (1992 Sep 28 - Oct 02)
  MJD       X        Y       UT1R-UTC XSIG    YSIG   UTSIG  RMS  XYC  XUC  YUC STA SAT PASS    
           ''        ''        sec     ''     ''      sec
 48893.5   .05135   .50494   .29227  .00040  .00045  .00000  .0 -.08  .00  .00  26 19  0
 48894.5   .05356   .50519   .29002  .00018  .00018  .00000  .0  .02  .00  .00  26 19  0
 48895.5   .05590   .50461   .28806  .00018  .00018  .00000  .0 -.01  .00  .00  26 19  0
 48896.5   .05817   .50400   .28594  .00017  .00018  .00000  .0  .01  .00  .00  26 19  0
 48897.5   .06082   .50381   .28381  .00019  .00019  .00000  .0  .02  .00  .00  26 19  0
END UTPM TABLE

The following table indicates the "3-dimensional orbit repeatability", as 
defined in IGS Mail Message 37, for GPS week 664:

JPL ORBIT REPEATABILITY TABLE                GPS week 664 (1992 Sep 28 - Oct 02)
                 92  9 28   92  9 29   92  9 30   92 10  1   92 10  2
prn    rms (m)
  2                  0.8        0.66       0.30       0.17       0.2 
  3                  1.3        1.23       0.76       0.73       0.9 
 11                  0.5        0.45       0.38       0.47       0.6 
 12                  1.1        1.00       0.42       0.54       0.5 
 13                  0.4        0.58       0.34       0.39       0.3 
 14                  0.6        0.51       0.32       0.37       0.4 
 15                  0.5        0.25       0.23       0.18       0.2 
 16                  0.6        0.40       0.50       0.43       0.4 
 17                  0.8        1.38       1.06       0.21       0.2 
 18                  0.6        0.39       0.14       0.64       0.5 
 19                  0.4        0.56       0.27       0.31       0.3 
 20                  0.6        0.40       0.22       0.41       0.5 
 21                  0.5        0.53       0.30       0.38       0.6 
 23                  0.2        0.33       0.39       0.21       0.1 
 24                  0.7        0.75       0.69       0.57       0.3 
 25                  0.5        0.45       0.19       0.16       0.1 
 26                  0.5        0.27       0.43       0.34       0.5 
 27                352.1      339.55       1.48       2.90       2.6 
 28                  0.5        0.37       0.47       0.39       0.4 
END ORBIT REPEATABILITY TABLE

As described in IGS Mail Message 37, the following table compares the JPL
precise ephemerides with those from the broadcast ephemeris:

JPL COMPARISON OF BROADCAST NAVIGATION MESSAGE WITH PRECISE EPHEMERIDES
                 92  9 28   92  9 29   92  9 30   92 10  1   92 10  2
prn    rms (m)
  2                 13.1       12.1       11.4       12.3       12.7 
  3                 11.1       13.6       15.8       12.6       13.8 
 11                  2.5        5.1        2.7        6.7       12.0 
 12                  5.3       11.5        7.2        6.7       13.0 
 13                 10.0        8.7       11.1        6.3        8.5 
 14                  5.0        5.2        5.7        4.5        4.8 
 15                  6.5        3.7        8.7        8.1        5.8 
 16                 12.1       10.6       11.0        9.9        8.6 
 17                  9.8        6.5        5.7        7.1        8.0 
 18                  8.5        7.1        7.5        8.4        7.5 
 19                  4.9        4.3        4.8        5.5        6.4 
 20                  5.4        9.6        7.3        6.1        4.8 
 21                  8.3        5.8        5.8        6.6       14.5 
 23                  4.6        5.9        7.6        5.7        6.1 
 24                 12.3        8.7       10.5       15.3       15.1 
 25                 10.2        9.7        9.6        7.4        8.0 
 26                  8.2        9.2        7.5        8.6        7.2 
 27                452.5       13.2       16.2       22.6       21.5 
 28                  5.7        4.0        3.6        3.7        3.4 
END COMPARISON OF BROADCAST NAVIGATION MESSAGE WITH PRECISE EPHEMERIDES

The following table, as explained in IGS Mail Message 91, indicates which
tracking sites were used in this week's analysis:

JPL GROUND STATION INCLUSION TABLE           GPS week 664 (1992 Sep 28 - Oct 02)
                 92  9 28   92  9 29   92  9 30   92 10  1   92 10  2

ALBH                 X          X          X          X          X           
ALGO*                X          X          X          X          X           
FAIR*                X          X          X          X          X           
GOLD                 X          X          X          X          X           
HART*                X          X          X          X          X           
HERS                 X          X          X          X          X           
JPLM                 X          X          X          X          X           
KOSG                 X          X          X          X          X           
MADR*                X          X          X          X          X           
MASP                 X          X          X          X          X           
MATE                 X          X          X          X          X           
MCMU                 X          X          X          X          X           
METS                 X          X          X          X          X           
NYAL                 X          X          X          X          X           
ONSA                 X          X          X          X          X           
PAMA                 X          X          X          X          X           
PENT                 X          X          X          X          X           
SANT*                X          X          X          X          X           
STJO                 X          X          X          X          X           
TAIW                 X          X          X          X          X           
TIDB                 X          X          X          X          X           
TROM*                X          X          X          X          X           
USUD                 X          X          X          X          X           
WETT                 X          X          X          X          X           
YAR1*                X          X          X          X          X           
YELL                 X          X          X          X          X           
_______________________
*Indicates fiducial site.
END GROUND STATION INCLUSION TABLE

==============================================================================

From:     IERS\CB
Subject:  EARTH ORIENTATION Bulletin number 8 - 14 October 1992 -

                  *******************************************
                  *                                         *
                    IGS'92 EARTH ORIENTATION BULLETIN   8
                  *                                         *
                  *******************************************
                                                          14 OCTOBER 1992

 1 - EARTH ORIENTATION PARAMETERS (IERS/CB evaluation) : EOP(IERS) 90 C 04

    Date      MJD         x       y       UT1-UTC
    1992                    0.0001"       0.00001s
     (0h UTC)

   AUG  31    48865     -157.0  4999.0     34553.3
   SEP   1    48866     -132.0  5009.0     34326.7
   SEP   2    48867     -110.0  5012.0     34130.2
   SEP   3    48868      -89.0  5011.0     33961.4
   SEP   4    48869      -67.0  5009.0     33815.7

   SEP   5    48870      -44.0  5008.0     33681.2
   SEP   6    48871      -20.0  5012.0     33547.0
   SEP   7    48872        6.0  5020.0     33402.7
   SEP   8    48873       31.0  5030.0     33244.5
   SEP   9    48874       56.0  5039.0     33068.6

   SEP  10    48875       79.0  5046.0     32877.0
   SEP  11    48876      102.0  5051.0     32672.7
   SEP  12    48877      125.0  5053.0     32459.6
   SEP  13    48878      148.0  5055.0     32245.9
   SEP  14    48879      170.0  5056.0     32035.9

   SEP  15    48880      193.0  5058.0     31833.7
   SEP  16    48881      217.0  5061.0     31644.1
   SEP  17    48882      241.0  5064.0     31467.1
   SEP  18    48883      266.0  5064.0     31302.3
   SEP  19    48884      291.0  5064.0     31143.0

   SEP  20    48885      316.0  5063.0     30983.0
   SEP  21    48886      340.0  5063.0     30811.6
   SEP  22    48887      361.0  5062.0     30624.4
   SEP  23    48888      382.0  5062.0     30413.9
   SEP  24    48889      401.0  5061.0     30178.0

   SEP  25    48890      420.0  5060.0     29923.7
   SEP  26    48891      440.0  5058.0     29659.7
   SEP  27    48892      460.0  5055.0     29401.2
   SEP  28    48893      481.0  5051.0     29159.7
   SEP  29    48894      503.0  5047.0     28943.6

 2 - INDIVIDUAL SERIES OF EARTH ORIENTATION PARAMETERS
     The series listed hereafter,obtained  by the IGS Processing Centres,
   are described in  the IGS'92 Earth Orientation Bulletin number 2 and in
   the IGSMail Messages .

   Note : AS (antispoofing) was activated on several satellites on
          August 1, 2, 3,  8, 9,10,  15,16,17,  23,24,25
          Sept.  12,13,14, 19,20,21, 26,27 and 28.

         2 -a - EOP(CODE) 92 P 04
                Units : 0.0001" for x,y, 0.00001s for UT1 and D.

     Date                                                        Uncertainties
     1992      MJD        x       y      UT1-UTC  Passes  Span   x    y
UT1-UTC
                                                          hours

   SEP  11   48876.50    112.0  5070.5   32939.7          72.0   1.0  0.9   0.7
   SEP  12   48877.50    126.4  5068.5   32729.3          96.0   1.9  1.7   1.1
   SEP  13   48878.50    161.9  5062.0   32530.3          96.0   2.2  2.1   1.4
   SEP  14   48879.50    194.8  5062.9   32339.8          72.0   2.0  2.4   2.8
   SEP  15   48880.50    200.2  5080.3   32154.9          72.0   1.3  1.1   1.4

   SEP  16   48881.50    224.6  5083.5   31975.3          72.0   1.4  1.2   0.9
   SEP  17   48882.50    260.4  5090.2   31802.4          72.0   1.2  1.0   0.8
   SEP  18   48883.50    280.0  5092.6   31637.0          72.0   1.2  0.9   0.6
   SEP  19   48884.50    327.4  5099.2   31475.2          96.0   3.0  2.6   1.7
   SEP  20   48885.50    336.6  5076.3   31308.7          72.0   3.4  3.2   2.0

   SEP  21   48886.50    357.7  5065.5   31133.1          72.0   1.7  2.1   2.0
   SEP  22   48887.50    364.4  5065.7   30940.6          72.0   1.2  1.2   0.9
   SEP  23   48888.50    383.6  5072.2   30721.9          72.0   1.0  1.0   0.7
   SEP  24   48889.50    404.8  5073.5   30479.8          72.0   1.0  1.0   0.6
   SEP  25   48890.50    435.9  5088.7   30223.7          72.0   1.3  1.3   0.7

   SEP  26   48891.50    461.2  5081.7   29954.6          72.0   1.7  1.9   0.9
   SEP  27   48892.50    479.9  5078.6   29690.4          72.0   2.8  2.7   1.6
   SEP  28   48893.50    526.4  5069.6   29452.8          72.0   1.9  1.8   1.4

         2 -b - EOP(CSR)  92 P 01
                Units : 0.0001" for x,y, 0.00001s for UT1 and D.

   A recent description of this analysis can be found in IGSMail 110.

     Date                                                        Uncertainties
     1992      MJD        x       y      UT1-UTC  Passes  Span   x    y
UT1-UTC
                                                          hours

   AUG  30   48864.50   -164.7  5008.9              462          1.7  2.6
   AUG  31   48865.50   -133.7  5014.3              449          1.6  2.0
   SEP   1   48866.50   -121.2  5029.1              424          2.4  2.7
   SEP   2   48867.50    -89.2  5029.7              404          2.0  2.5
   SEP   3   48868.50    -72.3  5020.1              487          1.5  2.6

   SEP   4   48869.50    -51.2  5021.5              505          1.5  1.9
   SEP   5   48870.50    -33.2  5031.4              408          1.9  2.2

         2 -c - EOP(EMR)  92 P 01
                Units : 0.0001" for x,y, 0.00001s for UT1 and D.

   A recent description of this analysis can be found in IGSMail 111.

     Date                                                        Uncertainties
     1992      MJD        x       y      UT1-UTC  Passes  Span   x    y
UT1-UTC
                                                          hours

   SEP   7   48872.50     12.9  5064.3                           4.6  2.8
   SEP   8   48873.50     29.7  5060.0                           4.9  3.1
   SEP   9   48874.50     50.7  5077.1                           4.6  2.8
   SEP  10   48875.50     73.0  5076.2                           4.7  2.9
   SEP  11   48876.50    107.7  5088.5                           4.7  2.9

   SEP  15   48880.50    201.0  5093.5                           6.1  6.3
   SEP  16   48881.50    222.0  5092.4                           6.5  4.4
   SEP  17   48882.50    251.1  5094.9                           5.7  3.5
   SEP  18   48883.50    277.5  5086.2                           6.6  4.5
   SEP  22   48887.50    349.1  5073.8                           6.0  4.4

   SEP  23   48888.50    379.1  5079.6                           5.0  3.1
   SEP  24   48889.50    396.9  5087.4                           5.9  3.4
   SEP  25   48890.50    415.9  5077.8                           6.2  4.4
   SEP  29   48894.50    533.7  5064.9                           5.3  3.2
   SEP  30   48895.50    555.6  5049.8                           4.8  2.9

   OCT   1   48896.50    579.3  5041.4                           4.8  2.9
   OCT   2   48897.50    599.6  5046.0                           4.8  2.9

         2 -d - EOP(ESOC) 92 P 01
                Units : 0.0001" for x,y, 0.00001s for UT1 and D.

   A recent description of this analysis can be found in IGSMail 114.

     Date                                                        Uncertainties
     1992      MJD        x       y      UT1-UTC  Passes  Span   x    y
UT1-UTC
                                                          hours

   SEP  13   48878.50    174.3  5075.6                    30.0  13.7 14.4
   SEP  14   48879.50    203.5  5089.1                    30.0   5.0  5.4
   SEP  15   48880.50    210.8  5079.1                    30.0   3.8  3.4
   SEP  16   48881.50    245.2  5104.0                    30.0   6.0  6.3
   SEP  17   48882.50    277.9  5084.7                    30.0   3.6  3.5

   SEP  18   48883.50    285.4  5102.6                    30.0   3.6  2.9
   SEP  19   48884.50    341.4  5097.8                    30.0   7.8  8.8
   SEP  20   48885.50    338.2  5088.6                    30.0   5.2  5.4
   SEP  21   48886.50    390.1  5100.6                    30.0   4.1  4.6
   SEP  22   48887.50    398.7  5088.9                    30.0   3.2  3.2

   SEP  23   48888.50    436.4  5072.9                    30.0   2.6  2.5
   SEP  24   48889.50    431.4  5100.8                    30.0   2.2  2.2
   SEP  25   48890.50    456.0  5093.0                    30.0   2.4  2.5
   SEP  26   48891.50    479.1  5102.2                    30.0   4.8  4.5
   SEP  27   48892.50    492.7  5076.3                    30.0   6.1  5.9

   SEP  28   48893.50    512.8  5083.1                    30.0   3.4  3.7
   SEP  29   48894.50    544.0  5059.0                    30.0   2.7  2.8
   SEP  30   48895.50    557.0  5053.6                    30.0   2.5  2.8
   OCT   1   48896.50    583.3  5052.1                    30.0   2.4  2.6
   OCT   2   48897.50    610.5  5056.4                    30.0   2.2  2.2

         2 -e - EOP(GFZ)  92 P 02
                Units : 0.0001" for x,y, 0.00001s for UT1 and D.

   A recent description of this analysis can be found in IGSMail 112.

     Date                                                        Uncertainties
     1992      MJD        x       y      UT1-UTC  Passes  Span   x    y
UT1-UTC
                                                          hours

   AUG  30   48864.50   -150.0  5022.0                           3.0  3.0
   AUG  31   48865.50   -126.0  5034.0                           3.0  3.0
   SEP   1   48866.50    -87.0  5050.0                           3.0  3.0
   SEP   2   48867.50    -82.0  5046.0                           3.0  3.0
   SEP   3   48868.50    -58.0  5038.0                           3.0  3.0

   SEP   4   48869.50    -30.0  5034.0                           2.0  3.0
   SEP   5   48870.50     -8.0  5038.0                           4.0  4.0
   SEP   6   48871.50      5.0  5046.0                           4.0  4.0
   SEP   7   48872.50     41.0  5054.0                           3.0  3.0
   SEP   8   48873.50     67.0  5078.0                           4.0  4.0

   SEP   9   48874.50     90.0  5067.0                           3.0  3.0
   SEP  10   48875.50     98.0  5072.0                           4.0  4.0
   SEP  11   48876.50    140.0  5080.0                           3.0  3.0
   SEP  15   48880.50    230.0  5117.0                           6.0  7.0
   SEP  16   48881.50    252.0  5111.0                           8.0  8.0

   SEP  17   48882.50    288.0  5101.0                           4.0  4.0
   SEP  18   48883.50    298.0  5117.0                           4.0  5.0

         2 -f - EOP(JPL)  92 P 02
                Units : 0.0001" for x,y, 0.00001s for UT1 and D.

   A recent description of this analysis can be found in IGSMail 112.

     Date                                                        Uncertainties
     1992      MJD        x       y          D    Passes  Span   x    y      D

                                                          hours

   SEP  14   48879.50    188.6  5054.6     189.4                 6.0  6.0  12.0
   SEP  15   48880.50    216.9  5077.4     180.6                 2.3  2.7   7.0
   SEP  16   48881.50    235.2  5074.2     158.8                 2.1  2.4   7.0
   SEP  17   48882.50    263.4  5074.7     178.7                 2.2  2.4   7.0
   SEP  18   48883.50    281.9  5079.9     185.0                 2.2  2.4   7.0

   SEP  21   48886.50    367.2  5053.8     252.0                 7.4  7.5  14.0
   SEP  22   48887.50    374.1  5069.3     201.5                 2.7  2.6   8.0
   SEP  23   48888.50    396.3  5075.2     242.1                 2.3  2.5   7.0
   SEP  24   48889.50    422.2  5072.3     263.9                 2.3  2.4   7.0
   SEP  25   48890.50    438.4  5063.4     273.5                 3.0  3.1   8.0

         2 -g - EOP(SIO)  92 P 03
                Units : 0.0001" for x,y, 0.00001s for UT1 and D.

   A recent description of this analysis can be found in IGSMail 112.

     Date                                                        Uncertainties
     1992      MJD        x       y      UT1-UTC  Passes  Span   x    y
UT1-UTC
                                                          hours

   SEP  12   48877.50    119.1  5089.8               18          5.5  5.3
   SEP  13   48878.50    169.2  5077.2                7          7.0  6.6
   SEP  14   48879.50    170.4  5072.7               18          4.7  5.2
   SEP  15   48880.50    209.3  5094.3               18          3.0  2.4
   SEP  16   48881.50    241.8  5098.6               18          2.4  2.1

   SEP  17   48882.50    275.1  5097.3               18          2.1  1.9
   SEP  18   48883.50    291.3  5100.1               18          2.5  2.1
   SEP  19   48884.50    314.0  5094.5               18          7.8  6.7
   SEP  21   48886.50    353.3  5069.9               18          7.0  7.5
   SEP  22   48887.50    375.0  5086.0               18          2.5  2.1

   SEP  23   48888.50    392.3  5085.9               18          2.3  1.9
   SEP  24   48889.50    415.4  5090.7               18          2.2  2.0
   SEP  25   48890.50    434.7  5096.0               18          2.5  2.0
   SEP  26   48891.50    480.7  5090.8                7          7.9  6.8
   SEP  27   48892.50    500.8  5093.8                7          9.7  7.8

   SEP  28   48893.50    502.8  5087.4               19          3.3  3.4
   SEP  29   48894.50    532.9  5073.9               19          2.0  1.6
   SEP  30   48895.50    562.5  5066.3               19          1.7  1.5
   OCT   1   48896.50    583.1  5060.6               19          1.8  1.6
   OCT   2   48897.50    604.4  5058.6               19          1.6  1.4

 3 - COMPARISONS OF GPS, LLR, SLR AND VLBI EARTH ORIENTATION DETERMINATIONS

A paper version of this part, with plots, will be mailed to the IERS Analysis
Centres and to the IGS Processing Centres. Additional copies are available on
request.

 3.1 - GPS: TERRESTRIAL FRAME ORIENTATION FIXING

Various strategies are tested by the GPS Processing Centres for maintaining
the terrestrial frame orientation. The choices concern the nominal orientation
(ITRF90 or ITRF91), the site motion model used to transfer the coordinates at
the reference epoch, the number of fiducial  stations that are fixed, and the
source from which the fixed  coordinates are taken. We summarize in Table 1 our
understanding  of the terrestrial  frame  definitions according to the Centres
and to the time periods.

 Table 1 - GPS SOLUTIONS: TERRESTRIAL FRAME ORIENTATION
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Series             MJD        GPS    Nominal
   (IERS label)     from  to      weeks   refrnce    Source
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
 EOP(CODE) 92 P 04  48792-48893  650-663  ITRF91     IERS       (IGSMail 33)

 EOP(CSR)  92 P 01  48794-48870  650-660             CSR+GSFC   (IGSMail 62)

 EOP(EMR)  92 P 01  48838-48897  655-664  ITRF91     IERS       (IGSMAIL 90)

 EOP(ESOC) 92 P 01  48794-48897  650-664  ITRF91     IERS       (IGSMail 90)

 EOP(GFZ)  92 P 01  48794-48821  650-653  ITRF90     SIO       (01/91-05/92)
 EOP(GFZ)  92 P 02  48822-48883  654-662  ITRF90     SIO        (IGSMail 56)

 EOP(JPL)  92 P 01  48794-48821  650-653  ITRF90     JPL  (GIG'91+VLBI vel.)
 EOP(JPL)  92 P 02  48820-48890  654-663  ITRF91     IERS       (IGSMail 90)

 EOP(SIO)  92 P 03  48780-48897  648-664  ITRF90     SIO    (51 IGS'92 days)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 3.2 - VLBI, LLR, SLR, GPS EOP DETERMINATIONS: AGREEMENT WITH THE IERS SYSTEM

In this section, the VLBI, LLR, SLR, and GPS observations available over the
time
period of the IGS'92 Campaign (MJD 48779-48893) are compared to the IERS series
EOP(IERS) 90 C 04, which is a combination of the series of Table 2.

  Table 2 - IERS OPERATIONAL SERIES OF EOP
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Techn.      Series           Time       Time          EOP determined
                               span      interv.
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------
   VLBI  EOP(NOAA)  92 R 01     24 h     3/4 d     x, y,  UT1, dPsi, dEps
   VLBI  EOP(NOAA)  92 R 02      1 h     1/2 d            UT1
   VLBI  EOP(USNO)  92 R 03     24 h      7  d     x, y,  UT1, dPsi, dEps

   LLR   EOP(UTXMO) 92 M 02      1 h    0.1/30 d          UT1

   SLR   EOP(CSR)   91 L 01     72 h      3  d     x, y, "UT1"
   SLR   EOP(DUT)   91 L 02    120 h      5  d     x, y, "UT1"
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

The GPS series are those listed in Table 1.  They give the x,y coordinates
of the pole, except CODE, which gives a series of  UT1  that is tied at the
beginning of the complete series to an a priori value.The "UT1" determinations
obtained by the SLR Analysis Centre at DUT is left free, whereas in the CSR
SLR solution, it is tied to a VLBI solution for periods longer than about 60
days.

The  GPS  results are obtained from one-day observations of 16 to 18 satellites
in a network of 11 to 29 stations: 14-19 for CODE, 14-20 for CSR, 17-18 for EMR,
11-18 for ESOC, 22-27 for JPL, and 17-29 for SIO.

Most of the centres treat independently the successive daily arcs, the
exceptions being CODE (three-day overlapping arcs) and GFZ (two-day
overlapping arcs). The centres estimate the EOP at 12h UT.

Table 3 gives the differences of the VLBI, SLR,and GPS series with
EOP(IERS) 90 C 04 under the form of a constant bias, corrected for the predicted
value of the systematic difference. In the case of the GPS results, which are
referred directly to ITRF, the predicted bias and its uncertainty are derived
from Table I-3, p.II-13 of the 1991 IERS Annual Report. It reflects the slight
misalignment of the IERS EOP relative to the IERS terrestrial frame. In the
case of the SLR and VLBI results, the expected values are derived from
analyses of previous years results.

Table 3 - SYSTEMATIC DIFFERENCES OF EOP RESULTS WITH IERS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Techn       Series           x (0.001")       y(0.001")       UT1(0.0001s)  Nmes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 VLBI  EOP(NOAA) 92 R 01     0.35 +- 0.09     0.17 +- 0.14     0.18 +- 0.08  31
 VLBI  EOP(NOAA) 92 R 02                                       0.17 +- 0.09  83

 VLBI  EOP(USNO) 92 R 03     0.16 +- 0.15     0.26 +- 0.19     0.45 +- 0.16  18

 LLR   EOP(UTXMO)92 M 02                                      -0.39 +- 0.32  15

 SLR   EOP(CSR)  91 L 01     0.52 +- 0.13     0.55 +- 0.11     0.03 +- 0.25  39

 SLR   EOP(DUT)  91 L 02     0.07 +- 0.26    -0.23 +- 0.33                   24

 GPS   EOP(CODE) 92 P 04    -0.05 +- 0.36     0.01 +- 0.45                  102

 GPS   EOP(CSR)  92 P 01     0.23 +- 0.37     2.60 +- 0.48                   69

 GPS   EOP(EMR)  92 P 01    -0.12 +- 0.45     1.39 +- 0.46                   36

 GPS   EOP(ESOC) 92 P 01     1.45 +- 0.38     0.11 +- 0.48                   98

 GPS   EOP(GFZ)  92 P 01    -2.41 +- 0.43    -3.06 +- 0.56                   27
 GPS   EOP(GFZ)  92 P 02    +1.78 +- 0.36     1.85 +- 0.45                   56

 GPS   EOP(JPL)  92 P 01     0.28 +- 0.38     1.73 +- 0.50                   28
 GPS   EOP(JPL)  92 P 02     0.47 +- 0.35     0.27 +- 0.45                   59
                                                         LOD : 0.01 +- 0.15  22

 GPS   EOP(SIO)  92 P 03     1.65 +- 0.21     2.26 +- 0.52                  109
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 3.3 - GPS: FORMAL AND ESTIMATED UNCERTAINTIES

The correlation of high frequency variations in the GPS polar motion results
was estimated on the basis of the residuals of each series of daily values
relative to its own smoothing (frequency cutoff: 1 cycle/8 days). The common
time intervals between two series cover 17 to 60 days. No significant
correlation was found.

Using the days which are common to pairs of series without change of reference
system, we estimate the true uncertainty of the daily EOP values by the Allan
variance (or pair variance) based on the 15 series of differences two by two
(see the 1991 IERS Annual Report, p.II-52). Table 4 shows the uncertainties
thus estimated for every GPS series, together with the  corresponding rms
formal uncertainty provided by the Processing Centre.

  Table 4 - ESTIMATED AND FORMAL UNCERTAINTY OF DAILY GPS POLAR MOTION VALUES
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Techn       Series             x (0.001")           y(0.001")      Nmes
                                estim.   formal     estim.   formal
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
     GPS   EOP(CODE) 92 P 04     0.35     0.13       0.38     0.14       75

     GPS   EOP(CSR)  92 P 01     0.59     0.20       0.69     0.20       75

     GPS   EOP(EMR)  92 P 01     0.52     0.55       0.33     0.38       32

     GPS   EOP(ESOC) 92 P 01     1.02     0.37       1.14     0.42       75

     GPS   EOP(GFZ)  92 P 01     1.09     0.86       1.11     0.89       26
     GPS   EOP(GFZ)  92 P 02     0.76     0.49       0.38     0.54       32

     GPS   EOP(JPL)  92 P 01     0.37     0.25       0.47     0.30       26
     GPS   EOP(JPL)  92 P 02     0.11     0.18       0.11     0.19       32

     GPS   EOP(SIO)  92 P 03     0.36     0.26       0.66     0.27       75
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

 3.4 - VLBI, LLR, SLR, GPS EOP DETERMINATIONS: DAY-TO-DAY AGREEMENT WITH IERS

The series of EOP obtained by VLBI, LLR, SLR and GPS already considered in
Table 3
are considered now under the form of the weighted rms residual to
EOP(IERS) 90 C 04, after the biases of Table 2 are taken out. The statistics
are listed in Table 5.

   Table 5 - WEIGHTED RMS DIFFERENCES OF EOP RESULTS WITH EOP(IERS) 90 C 04
             The biases of Table 3 are taken out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Techn       Series           x (0.001")    y(0.001")    UT1(0.0001s)  Nmes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 VLBI  EOP(NOAA) 92 R 01       0.46         0.64          0.43         31
 VLBI  EOP(NOAA) 92 R 02                                  0.45         83

 VLBI  EOP(USNO) 92 R 03       0.30         0.42          0.38         18

 LLR   EOP(UTXMO)92 M 02                                  1.09         15

 SLR   EOP(CSR)  91 L 01       0.43         0.45          0.74 (1)     39

 SLR   EOP(DUT)  91 L 02       0.89         0.96          1.91 (2)     29

 GPS   EOP(CODE) 92 P 04       0.84         0.88          0.84 (3)    102

 GPS   EOP(CSR)  92 P 01       0.90         1.56                       69

 GPS   EOP(EMR)  92 P 01       1.71         0.89                       36

 GPS   EOP(ESOC) 92 P 01       1.41         1.74                       98

 GPS   EOP(GFZ)  92 P 01       1.30         1.78                       27
 GPS   EOP(GFZ)  92 P 01       0.73         0.65                       56

 GPS   EOP(JPL)  92 P 01       0.81         1.24                       28
 GPS   EOP(JPL)  92 P 02       0.39         0.47                       59
                                                   LOD :  0.72         22

 GPS   EOP(SIO)  92 P 03       0.65         0.55                      109
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes : 1 - CSR  - Referred to VLBI in the long term ( p > 60 d ).
        2 - DUT  - With a drift of +0.026 ms/d and a quadratic term taken out.
        3 - CODE - With a drift of +0.043 ms/d, a quadratic term
                   and a 68d term taken out.

==============================================================================

From:     Carey Noll/CDDIS
Subject:  CDDIS GPS Data Holdings for IGS Week 17/GPS Week 0665
---------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                                
              Current IGS GPS Data Holdings (as of 14-Oct-92 12:10)             
     IGS Week 17/GPS Week 0665 (October 04 thru 10, 1992; Days 278 thru 284)    
                                                                                
                                     2    2    2    2    2    2    2            
                    Mon.             7    7    8    8    8    8    8    No.     
    Site Name       Name  Receiver   8    9    0    1    2    3    4   Sites    
------------------  ----  --------  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  -----    
Albert Head         ALBH  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Algonquin           ALGO  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Fairbanks           FAIR  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Goldstone           GOLD  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Graz                GRAA  Ashtech    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Graz                GRAZ  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Hartebeesthoek      HART  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Harvest Platform    HARV  Rogue      X    -    -    -    X    -    -       2    
Herstmonceux        HERS  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Hobart              HOBA  Minimac    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Kootwijk            KOSG  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Madrid              MADR  Rogue      X    X    -    X    X    X    X       6    
Maspalomas          MASP  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Matera              MATE  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
McMurdo             MCMU  Rogue      X    -    X    X    X    X    X       6    
Metsahovi           METS  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Ny Alesund          NYAL  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Onsala              ONSA  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Pamate              PAMA  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Pasadena            JPLM  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Penticton           DRAO  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Quincy              QUIN  Rogue      -    X    -    X    X    -    X       4    
Saint John's        STJO  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Santiago            SANT  Rogue      X    X    -    X    X    X    X       6    
Taiwan              TAIW  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Tidbinbilla         TIDB  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Townsville          TOWN  Trimble    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Tromso              TROM  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Tsukuba             TSUK  Minimac    -    X    X    X    X    X    X       6    
Usuda               USUD  Rogue      X    X    -    X    X    X    X       6    
Wellington          WELL  Trimble    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Westford            WES1  Minimac    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Wettzell            WETT  Rogue      -    X    X    X    X    X    X       6    
Yaragadee           YAR1  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Yellowknife         YELL  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Zimmerwald          ZIMM  Trimble    -    -    X    X    X    X    X       5    
------------------  ----  --------  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  -----    
Totals:               36  stations   32   33   31   35   36   34   35    236    

Notes:  CDDIS disk archive status:  

           GPS1:[GPSDATA] directory contains days 281 and on
           GPS2:[GPSDATA] directory contains days 261 thru 280
           GPS3:[PRODUCTS] directory contains IGS products 
           GPS3:[IGSMAIL] directory contains IGS MAIL messages and index

        CIGNET has submitted SHANghai data to the CDDIS for days 207 thru 222.
            Please advise the CDDIS if you wish copies of these data.

        Beijing has submitted data from NANJing for days 206 thru 222 in 
            receiver format (Ashtech); CDDIS is currently reformatting the data.
            Please advise the CDDIS if you wish copies of these data.

        Mojave MiniMac receiver (MOJ1) has been moved to China; last observation
            at Mojave was on Sept. 30.

==============================================================================

From:    Peter Pesec, Institute for Space Research, Graz, Austria
Subject: Status report IGS-site GRAZ and GRAA.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Measurements at GRAA (Ashtech P-code) have been terminated on 
October 10th, 1992 and will not be resumed.
Measurements at GRAZ (ROGUE 8C) will be continued until further
notice. 2 data-gaps occurred on due to a receiver-breakdown and 
during a remeasurement of the centering elements at the observa-
tory. Starting with day 289/1992 the receiver was switched back 
to CONAN-3 in order to account for a proper data-recording during
AS. The switch to CONAN-4 will be done after the avilability of
the corrected software - hopefully mid of November.

The remeasurement of the centering elements gave the following
results (current mark minus central marker):

                                   N           E          H
Laser (Az-El axis crossing):    +0.760 m    -8.890 m    +1.097 m
GPS-site GRAZ (Rogue)      :     0.000 m     0.000 m    +2.068 m
GPS-site GRAA (Ashtech)    :    +3.381 m    +0.910 m    +1.852 m

The heights for the GPS-sites are referred to the physical bottom
of the antenna.

Best regards Peter Pesec
.
(
an unli