Subject: [IGSMAIL-1161] Irkutsk station connected to H-maser
From: Boudewijn Ambrosius (DUT), Vjacheslav Zalutski (ES NIIFTRI)
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 1995 5:07:12 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Mon Dec 18  5:07:12 PST 1995      Message Number 1161
******************************************************************************

Author: Boudewijn Ambrosius (DUT), Vjacheslav Zalutski (ES NIIFTRI)
Subject: Irkutsk station connected to H-maser

Since December 8 (day 342), the SNR-8000 TurboRogue receiver at station
IRKT in Irkutsk has been connected to H-maser nr. 210 of the cluster of
H-masers that are operational at ES VNIIFTRI. This cluster is about 500 m
away from the receiver, which required active filters in the connecting
cable to preserve the quality of the frequency signal. Due to intermittent
power failures, there have been some interruptions of the connection and 
there may be some more in the future. Things should be getting better all
the time, though. The H-maser connection is intended to be a permanent
feature of the IRKT station. Since it is now operational, an updated
site log will be submitted to the IGS Central Bureau.

Boudewijn Ambrosius

[Mailed From: Boudewijn Ambrosius <[email-masked]>]