Subject: [IGSMAIL-1132] Geodesy reception/Earth rotation at AGU
From: Jean Dickey
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 12:12:41 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Thu Nov 30 12:12:41 PST 1995      Message Number 1132
******************************************************************************

Author: Jean Dickey
Subject: Geodesy reception/Earth rotation at AGU

           UNION SESSION ON EARTH ROTATION AT THE FALL MEETING
           OF THE AMERICAN GEOPHYSICAL UNION IN SAN FRANCISCO
                  THURSDAY, 14 DECEMBER 1995
             GEODESY RECEPTION TUESDAY, DECEMBER 12, 1995

This Fall AGU Meeting will feature a special Union Session,
The Interdisciplinary Impact of Earth Rotation Studies: A Tricentennial
Commemoration, which includes an oral session (Thursday morning) of invited 
papers (George Wilkins, Dennis McCarthy, Jan Vondrak, Tom Herring, 
Walter Munk, Chuck Yoder, John Wahr, and Dick Peltier) and a full poster 
session (21 papers held Thursday afternoon). Note that George Wilkins is 
giving the first talk beginning at 8:30 a.m. Due to a late abstract, we 
include George as an "Introduction" with the abstract being available at 
this meeting. A full program has been published as an EOS supplement.

This promises to be a very interesting and robust meeting. The Geodesy 
Section Reception will be held Tuesday evening 5:30 - 7:00 p.m. (ANA Hotel) 
and we extend a special invitation especially to the participants of this 
session.

We hope that you can join us both Tuesday and Thursday! Looking forward
to seeing you in San Francisco.

Regards, Jean Dickey

[Mailed From: [email-masked]]