Subject: [IGSMAIL-1093] IRKT H-maser status and site log
From: Boudewijn Ambrosius (DUT)
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 10:20:10 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Oct 24 10:20:10 PDT 1995      Message Number 1093
******************************************************************************

Author: Boudewijn Ambrosius (DUT)
Subject: IRKT H-maser status and site log

After the announcement of the new Irkutsk station IRKT, I received word
that the H-maser connection is not operating yet. The 5 MHz line is
available, but there appear to be some difficulties in configuring the
TurboRogue receiver properly. We are currently trying to resolve these
problems in cooperation with the people in Irkutsk.

Attached to this message is the (delayed) site log, reflecting the CURRENT
situation where the receiver is operating from its internal clock (with
clock steering). This form has also been submitted to the IGS Central
Bureau.

Boudewijn Ambrosius.

**********************************
     SITE INFORMATION FORM
**********************************

0. Form

        Prepared by (full name): Dr. Viacheslav Zalutsky
        Date                   : 29-sep-1995
        Report type            : new
          (NEW or UPDATE)

1. Site Identification of the GPS monument

        Site Name              :  Irkutsk
        4 char ID              :  IRKT
        Monument Inscription   :  East GPS/GLONASS Geodynamucal Mark
        IERS DOMES Number      :  12313M001
        CDP Number             :
        Date                   :  29-sep-1995
        Additional information :  Fundamental pillar with passive
                                  termostabilization, installed on a rock,
                                  special mark in the top side, forced
                                  centering GPS antenna

2. Site Location

        City                   :   Irkutsk
        Country                :   Russia
        Tectonic Plate         :   EURA
        Additional information :

3. GPS Receiver

        Type                   :   TurboRogue SNR-8000
        Serial Number          :   #173
        Firmware Version       :   V 3.0.32.3 from 27-sep-1994 Field
                                   Configuration
        Date                   :   16-sep-1995

   (use type names from attached list)

4. GPS Antenna

        Type                   :   DORNE MARGOLIN T
        Serial Number          :   178
        Date                   :   16-sep-1995

   (use type names from attached list)

        Vertical Antenna Height:   0.128 m (from mark to ARP)
        Antenna Reference Point:   ARP
        Date                   :   16-sep-1995

5. Local Site Ties

Monument               CDP     DOMES             Components      Accuracy  Date
Name                   Number  Number       dX       dY      dZ     mm yy-mm-dd

...................   ....... ........   ........ ........ ........ .. .. .. ..
...................   ....... ........   ........ ........ ........ .. .. .. ..
...................   ....... ........   ........ ........ ........ .. .. .. ..

Differential coordinates from the GPS monument to the reference and
other monuments. The components are parallel to the XYZ-axes of the
global geocentric reference system ITRF (WGS-84).

"Accuracy" is estimated accuracy of local survey (millimeters).

6. Frequency standard

        H-maser /   /   Cesium /   /    Quartz /   /     Internal / X /
        Other (specify)        :
        Date                   :   16-sep-1995

        (Mark with 'X')

7. Collocation

        SLR    / P /    VLBI  /  /     DORIS  /  /     PRARE    /  /

        Other GEOPHYSICAL Instrumentation (specify) : Absolute gravimetry

        Other (specify)        : Astrometrical instruments (astrolabes,
                                 photoelectric transit instrument)

        (Mark with 'P' for permanent, 'M' for mobile collocation)

8. On-site, Point of Contact Agency Information

        Agency                 : East-Siberian Research Institute for
                                 Physicotechnical and Radioengineering
                                 Measurements
        Contact                : Viacheslav Zalutsky
        Address                : 57,Borodina Str.,Irkutsk,RUSSIA,664056

        Telephone              : ++7-395-2-46-03-03,++7-395-2-46-04-00,
                                 ++7-395-2-46-07-50
        E-mail                 : [email-masked]
        Fax                    : ++7-395-2-46-07-30

9. Responsible Operations Agency
   (if different from item 8)

        Agency                 :  Delft University of Technology

        Contact                :  Boudewijn Ambrosius
        Address                :  Faculty of Aerospace Engineering
				  Kluyverweg 1, 2629 HS Delft, Netherlands

        Telephone              :  ++31-15-2785173
        E-mail                 :  [email-masked]
        Fax                    :  ++31-15-2783444

10. Please insert here the character graphics corresponding to the
antenna type. Check, complete or change if necessary the antenna
dimensions.

             TurboRogue: DORNE MARGOLIN T

                         -----
                     /     +     \                        <--  0.128  L2
                    |      +      |                       <--  0.110  L1
  +--------------------------------------------------+    <--  0.102  TCR
  |                                                  |
  |                                                  |
  |                                                  |
  |                                                  |
+-+--------------------------------------------------+-+  <--  0.038
+-------------------+-------------+--------------------+  <--  0.035  BCR
                    |             |
                   =|             |
                    +------x------+                       <--  0.000  ARP

<--                      0.381                       -->

   ARP: Antenna Reference Point
   L1 : L1 Phase Center                   L2 : L2 Phase Center
   TCR: Top of Chokering                  BCR: Bottom of Chokering
   TGP: Top of Ground Plane               BGP: Bottom of Ground Plane
   TPA: Top of Preamplifier               BPA: Bottom of Preamplifier

11. Hard copy information

    The next items should be compiled and sent to the Central Bureau
(see original IGS Station Information Report, or contact the CB for
forms).

    Please mark 'X' if on file or date expected to be available.

        Site Map               :
        Site Diagram           :
        Horizon Mask           :
        Monument description   :
        Site pictures          :

[Mailed From: Boudewijn Ambrosius <[email-masked]>]