Subject: [IGSMAIL-105] CDDIS GPS Data Holdings for IGS Week 14/GPS Week 0662
From: Carey Noll/CDDIS
Date: 23 SEP 1992 11:49:23

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail       25-SEP-1992 09:52:34       Message Number 105
***********************************************************************
 
==============================================================================
                   THIS FILE CONTAINS  3  MESSAGES
==============================================================================

From:     Carey Noll/CDDIS
Subject:  CDDIS GPS Data Holdings for IGS Week 14/GPS Week 0662
---------------------------------------------------------------

              Current IGS GPS Data Holdings (as of 24-Sep-92 07:09)             
    IGS Week 14/GPS Week 0662 (September 13 thru 19, 1992; Days 257 thru 263)   
                                                                                
                                     2    2    2    2    2    2    2            
                    Mon.             5    5    5    6    6    6    6    No.     
    Site Name       Name  Receiver   7    8    9    0    1    2    3   Sites    
------------------  ----  --------  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  -----    
Albert Head         ALBH  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Algonquin           ALGO  Rogue      X    X    -    X    X    X    X       6    
Fairbanks           FAIR  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Goldstone           GOLD  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Graz                GRAA  Ashtech    X    X    -    X    X    X    X       6    
Graz                GRAZ  Rogue      X    X    X    X    -    -    -       4    
Hartebeesthoek      HART  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Harvest Platform    HARV  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    -    -       5    
Herstmonceux        HERS  Rogue      X    -    X    X    X    X    X       6    
Hobart              HOBA  Minimac    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Kootwijk            KOSG  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Madrid              MADR  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Maspalomas          MASP  Rogue      X    -    X    X    X    X    X       6    
Matera              MATE  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
McMurdo             MCMU  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Metsahovi           METS  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Mojave              MOJ1  Minimac    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Ny Alesund          NYAL  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    -       6    
Onsala              ONSA  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Pamate              PAMA  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    -    -       5    
Pasadena            JPLM  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Penticton           DRAO  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Quincy              QUIN  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    -    -       5    
Saint John's        STJO  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Santiago            SANT  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Taiwan              TAIW  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Tidbinbilla         TIDB  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Townsville          TOWN  Trimble    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Tromso              TROM  Rogue      X    X    -    -    -    X    X       4    
Tsukuba             TSUK  Minimac    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Usuda               USUD  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Wellington          WELL  Trimble    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Westford            WES1  Minimac    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Wettzell            WETT  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    -       6    
Yaragadee           YAR1  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Yellowknife         YELL  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Zimmerwald          ZIMA  Ashtech    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Zimmerwald          ZIMM  Trimble    X    -    -    -    -    -    -       1    
------------------  ----  --------  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  -----    
Totals:               38  stations   38   35   34   36   35   33   31    242    

Notes:  CDDIS disk archive status:  

           GPS1:[GPSDATA] directory contains days 242 thru 260
           GPS2:[GPSDATA] directory contains days 261 and on
           GPS3:[PRODUCTS] directory contains IGS products 
           GPS3:[IGSMAIL] directory contains IGS MAIL messages and index

        CIGNET has submitted WUHAn data to the CDDIS for days 175 thru 222.
            Please advise the CDDIS if you wish copies of these data.

        JPL has begun delivering data from QUINcy and the HARVest Platform
            starting with day 251.

==============================================================================

From: Ch. Reigber
Subject: Processing Center 040-GFZ
         -------------------------

Report for GPS Week 660 (Days 243-249) from GFZ
===============================================

This report is generated by the GeoForschungsZentrum Potsdam (GFZ) 
on a weekly basis for the International GPS Geodynamics Service (IGS). 

PRODUCT SUMMARY 

   GFZ0660*.EPH:  GPS ephemerides for GPS Week 660 (SP3 format, pos. and vel.)
                  * represents: 0 for Sunday, .... , 6 for Saturday
   GFZ06607.ERP:  Earth rotation parameter (UT1 corrections are not included)
   GFZ06607.CLK:  ST and SV clock parameters of each observation epoch (the
                  maser-based clock at Fairbanks is taken as reference clock)
   GFZ06607.SUM:  Summary file for reporting week 

The above specified products are available at CDDIS. The ERP results are 
submitted additional to IERS Central Bureau and IERS Sub Bureau for Rapid
Service and Predictions.

CORE STATION SUMMARY

The Core Station data used in the solutions is given below.  

                                      Day of Week 660
                                    S  M  T  W  T  F  S
                                    U  O  U  E  H  R  A
        Site                        N  N  E  D  U  I  T
Name            Code      
---------------------------------------------------------
Algonquin       ALGO                X  X  X  X  X  X  X
Fairbanks       FAIR                X  X  X  X  X  X  X
Goldstone       DS10                X  X  X  X  X  X  X
Hartebeesthoek  HART                X  X  X  X  X  X  X
Kokee Park      KOKR                X  X  X  X  X  X  X
Mc Murdo        MCMU                X  X  X  X  X  X  X
Ny-Alesund      NALL                -  -  X  -  -  -  X
Pamatai         PAMA                X  X  X  X  X  X  X
Santiago        SANT                X  X  X  X  X  X  X
Tai Shi         TAIW                X  X  X  X  X  X  X	
Tidbinbilla     TIDB                X  X  X  X  X  X  X
Tromsoe         TROM                X  X  X  X  X  X  X 
Usuda           USUD                X  -  -  -  X  X  X
Wettzell        WTZ1                X  -  X  X  X  X  X
Yellowknife     YELL                X  X  X  X  X  X  X
Yarragadee      YAR1                X  X  X  X  X  X  X
---------------------------------------------------------

SOLUTION CHARACTERISTICS

1. Analysis Center: GFZ/DLR
2. Analysing Team: D. Angermann, R. Galas, Ch. Reigber,
                   W. Sommerfeld, S.Y. Zhu 
3. Solution Identifier: EPH(GFZ)92G01-DDD
                        ERP(GFZ)92G02-DDD
                        CLK(GFZ)92G01-DDD (only relative)
4. Software used: GEPARD4.0
5. Defintion of Terrestrial Reference Frame
   Origin: Nominally ITRF-90
   Orientation: Nominally ITRF-90
   Reference Epoch: 1992.352 (MJD 48750)
   Fixed set of stations: Y. Bock Solution (IGS Message No.56)
   ALGO, YELL, FAIR, KOKR, TROM, WTZ1, YAR1, PAMA,
   MCMU, TAIW, DS10, SANT, HART
6. Data used:
   - undifferenced pseudo ranges and carrier phases
   - 1-day arc solutions 
7. Adjusted parameters:
   - State vector of all GPS satellites
   - Daily polar motion
   - Coordinate corrections for non-fixed stations
   - Troposheric zenith path delay 
   - Solar radiation scale and y-bias 
   - Ambiguities
   - ST and SV clock parameters of each observation epoch (the 
     maser-based clock at Fairbanks is taken as reference clock)

SOLUTION STATISTICS

                         Arc No.      0     1     2     3     4     5     6    
   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Observation Interval [sec]       360   360   360   360   360   360   360
   Number of observations         24021 20215 19502 20282 21671 24590 21486 
   RMS of carrier phases [cm]       0.8   0.7   0.7   0.6   0.7   0.8   0.8
   RMS of code measurements [cm]   46.2  46.8  47.1  44.4  45.1  48.4  46.2
   ------------------------------------------------------------------------

-  GFZ06607.ERP
   ============

   Solution identifier for ERP-Results:
   * GPS week 650-653:   ERP(GFZ)92G01-DDD 
   * since GPS week 654: ERP(GFZ)92G02-DDD
   Please notice, that these two solutions are related to
   different reference frames.
    
   MJD      x    sigmax    y    sigmay

 48864.5 -.0150 0.0003 0.5022 0.0003
 48865.5 -.0126 0.0003 0.5034 0.0003
 48866.5 -.0087 0.0003 0.5050 0.0003
 48867.5 -.0082 0.0003 0.5046 0.0003
 48868.5 -.0058 0.0003 0.5038 0.0003
 48869.5 -.0030 0.0002 0.5034 0.0003
 48870.5 -.0008 0.0004 0.5038 0.0004

-  GFZ06607.CLK
   ============
   
   The clock parameter file is avaibable at CDDIS.
   The format of this file is described in the
   IGS Message No. 55.

==============================================================================

From:     Bernard Minster 
Subject:  AGU Abstract for EPOCH '92
          --------------------------

Return-Receipt-To: [email-masked]

==================

        Reply to:   AGU Abstract for EPOCH '92
I would like this meesage to be forwarded to the co-authors listed below.  I do
not have their individual E-mail addresses.  Could you please send me a message
with the appropriate addresses (or event the entire IGS list if that is more
convenient).  I would appreciate it very much.
Thanks in advance,
Bernard Minster
([email-masked])

J. Chen, 
D. Delikaraoglou, 
B. Engen, 
T. Kato, 
B. Murphy, 
G. Preiss, 
S. Tatevian 
*****

Dear co-authors:  In conversations with the organizers of the special IGS
session at the AGU, it was decided that a presentation of "EPOCH '92" would be
useful and possibly important.  Since the deadline for abstracts has long come
and gone, I had to put together an abstract in a hurry. I included as
co-authors all regional organizers, I think. I hope I did not missed someone,
and that no feelings will be hurt!  As you can tell, the abstract is fairly
vague.  However, I would like to receive from the regional coordinators any
material that they feel should be presented, as well as a list of stations, so
I can make a final map.  Some information about data status would be most
useful later as we approach the AGU.
Any feedback would be quite welcome. 
Best regards,
Bernard Minster

******
The "EPOCH `92" GPS Campaign

Jean-Bernard Minster (IGPP, SIO A-025, UCSD, La Jolla, Ca, 92037-0225,
619-534-5650; [email-masked])
J. Chen, D. Delikaraoglou, B. Engen, T. Kato, B. Murphy, G. Preiss, S. Tatevian

The International GPS Geodynamics Service (IGS) is proposed by the IAG as a
service to the global geodetic community.  Key concepts include the production
and dissemination of gobally accurate GPS orbits, Earth orientation parameters,
and a global coordinate system in the form of precise positions of the "core"
stations.  As part of the 1992 IGS campaign, a specific technical test was
designed to evaluate the feasibility of such a global scientific cooperation,
and to assess the scientific benefits that could be derived from it.

For this purpose, a special two-week period (July 25-August 8, 1992) during the
IGS Campaign `92 was identified as "EPOCH `92".  During this time period,
participants worldwide were invited to collect GPS data for at least 5 days out
of the two weeks.  The criteria for participation were flexible, except for the
requirement that both a Regional Data Center and a Data Processing Center
should be identified for each participating site.  The rules specified that
data should be transmitted to the appropriate Regional Data Center within three
months (90 days) of acquisition, and that results of data processing -primarily
station positions- be disseminated to the GPS community through the same data
distribution mechanisms as were used to support the "core" network operations
during the 1992 IGS campaign.  

Observations at well over 100 sites, representing nearly 50 different nations,
were collected during EPOCH `92.  We will describe the details of the
international participation in this campaign, and evaluate the scientific
contributions that such a campaign, and a possible series of comparable
campaigns to follow in future years could make to regional and global geodetic,
geophysical, and geological studies of the Earth.