Subject: [IGSMAIL-1036] Guam and Fairbanks data outage
From: Keith F. Stark
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 1995 15:08:18 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Mon Aug  7 15:08:18 PDT 1995      Message Number 1036
******************************************************************************

Author: Keith F. Stark
Subject: Guam and Fairbanks data outage

GUAM:

At 2100UTC Aug 3, the receiver in Guam was switched to backup batteries due
to a severe lightning storm. The backup batteries only lasted for 2-3
hours. The receiver was plugged back into the AC lines at 0500UTC Aug 4,
but did not start tracking until Aug 5.

FAIR:
The Rogue receiver at Fairbanks crashed on day 95.216. It was not restarted
until 1700UTC 95.219.

We apologize for any inconvenience,

Keith F. Stark

========================================================================
Keith F. Stark                     Telephone: (818) 354 5922
GPS Networks & Operations Group    FAX:       (818) 393 4965
Jet Propulsion Laboratory          Email:     [email-masked]
4800 Oak Grove Dr.                 GPS info:  [email-masked]
Pasadena, CA 91109
========================================================================

[Mailed From: [email-masked] (Keith F. Stark)]