Subject: [IGSMAIL-92] CDDIS GPS Data Holdings for IGS Week 12/GPS Week 660
From: Carey Noll/CDDIS
Date: 10 SEP 1992 10:45:43

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail       11-SEP-1992 08:43:27       Message Number 92
***********************************************************************
 
==============================================================================
                   THIS FILE CONTAINS 2 MESSAGES
==============================================================================

From:     Carey Noll/CDDIS
Subject:  CDDIS GPS Data Holdings for IGS Week 12/GPS Week 660
--------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                                
              Current IGS GPS Data Holdings (as of 10-Sep-92 01:09)             
 IGS Week 12/GPS Week 660 (August 30 thru September 05, 1992; Days 243 thru 249)
                                                                                
                                     2    2    2    2    2    2    2            
                    Mon.             4    4    4    4    4    4    4    No.     
    Site Name       Name  Receiver   3    4    5    6    7    8    9   Sites    
------------------  ----  --------  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  -----    
Albert Head         ALBH  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Algonquin           ALGO  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Fairbanks           FAIR  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Goldstone           GOLD  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Graz                GRAA  Ashtech    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Graz                GRAZ  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Hartebeesthoek      HART  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Herstmonceux        HERS  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Hobart              HOBA  Minimac    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Kokee Park          KOKB  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Kootwijk            KOSG  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Madrid              MADR  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Maspalomas          MASP  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Matera              MATE  Rogue      X    X    X    X    -    X    X       6    
McMurdo             MCMU  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Metsahovi           METS  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Mojave              MOJ1  Minimac    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Ny Alesund          NYAL  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Onsala              ONSA  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Pamate              PAMA  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Pasadena            JPLM  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Penticton           DRAO  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Saint John's        STJO  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Santiago            SANT  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Taiwan              TAIW  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Tidbinbilla         TIDB  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Townsville          TOWN  Trimble    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Tromso              TROM  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Tsukuba             TSUK  Minimac    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Usuda               USUD  Rogue      X    -    -    -    X    X    X       4    
Wellington          WELL  Trimble    -    X    X    X    X    X    -       5    
Westford            WES1  Minimac    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Wettzell            WETT  Rogue      X    -    X    X    X    X    X       6    
Yaragadee           YAR1  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Yellowknife         YELL  Rogue      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Zimmerwald          ZIMA  Ashtech    -    X    X    X    X    X    X       6    
Zimmerwald          ZIMM  Trimble    -    -    -    X    -    X    X       3    
------------------  ----  --------  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  -----    
Totals:               37  stations   34   34   35   36   35   37   36    247    
                                                                                
Notes:  CDDIS disk archive status:  

           GPS1:[GPSDATA] directory contains days 243 and on
           GPS2:[GPSDATA] directory contains days 224 thru 242
           GPS3:[PRODUCTS] directory contains IGS products 
           GPS3:[IGSMAIL] directory contains IGS MAIL messages and index

==============================================================================

From:    Ulf Lindqwister
Subject: Usuda antenna location
         ----------------------

This message is in response to questions about the stability
of the USUDA antenna location. I have looked through all JPL solutions
based on the Global Tracking Network data for June-August, 1992.
The USUDA site appears to have moved by ~78 cm on Aug 8-9, 1992
and has remained in place since then. We did note that our formal
errors on Aug 21 doubled for the USUDA site coordinates. The next
day AS was turned on and little data was received from Aug 22-23.
From Aug 10-30 (with the exceptions of Aug 15, 16, 22, 23) we have
self-consistent solutions from USUDA indicating no new movement.

We recently received pictures of the USUDA monument and it is situated
on the roof of a 3-story building. The antenna is laying on a pair of
2x4's (made of wood), which then lays on a ~16 cm high cement block.
It is not clear if the boards are bolted to the cement block. This
location clearly does not have a geodetic monument and this site should not
be used as a fiducial for data analysis. Hence we urge all users of
USUDA data to solve for the coordinates of this station  using loose
contraints. We are currently discussing ways to improve the stability
of the antenna at USUDA with the cognizant local investigators.

Sincerely,

Ulf J. Lindqwister
JPL

[email-masked]
(818) 354-1734
(818) 393-4965 (FAX)