Subject: [IGSMAIL-85] Unhealty Satellite # 14
From: Dave Starr
Date: 3 SEP 1992 12:14:49

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail        3-SEP-1992 12:14:49       Message Number 85
***********************************************************************
 
==============================================================================
                   THIS FILE CONTAINS 4 MESSAGES
==============================================================================

From:    Dave Starr
Subject: Unhealty Satellite # 14
         -----------------------

I have received information indicating that satellite 14 has been set
unhealthy on a permenant basis. It is beleived the Cesium beam has
failed. This information was forwarded to me by people associated with
the TOPEX/Posiden mission.

Dave Starr
JPL GPS Network Operations

==============================================================================

From:    J. Zumberge
Subject: JPL analysis report
         -------------------

Submitted by

J F Zumberge, G Blewitt, M B Heflin, D C Jefferson, F H Webb

all at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology, 
Pasadena, CA  91109.

The following files have been posted on BODHI (for access to BODHI contact
[email-masked]):

______________________________________________________________________________
filename               contents
______________________________________________________________________________
jpl06587.sum           This text file.
jpl06587.erp           Earth rotation parameters for GPS week 658.
jpl06587.sp1           GPS ephemerides for GPS week 658, sp1 format.
jpl06587.sp3            "       "       "   "   "    " , sp3   "   .
______________________________________________________________________________

Our results for GPS week 658 exclude information for Sunday and Saturday
(Aug 16 and Aug 22) due to the DOD's operation of A-S on these days. A-S was
also in effect on Monday, Aug 17, until 10:00:00; however, the results
included here reflect only the portion of the day when A-S was not on.

The motion of prn26 continues to be well modeled, so its data, beginning
this week, are weighted normally.

WARNING:

JPL UTPM TABLE                               GPS week 658 (1992 Aug 17 - Aug 21)
  MJD       X        Y       UT1R-UTC XSIG    YSIG   UTSIG  RMS  XYC  XUC  YUC STA SAT PASS    
           ''        ''        sec     ''     ''      sec
 48851.5  -.05462   .48225   .00000  .00016  .00016  .00000  .0 -.02  .00  .00  28 18  0
 48852.5  -.05216   .48351   .00000  .00008  .00009  .00000  .0  .02  .00  .00  24 18  0
 48853.5  -.04933   .48521   .00000  .00008  .00009  .00000  .0  .03  .00  .00  26 18  0
 48854.5  -.04624   .48620   .00000  .00008  .00009  .00000  .0  .02  .00  .00  26 18  0
 48855.5  -.04299   .48784   .00000  .00008  .00009  .00000  .0 -.02  .00  .00  27 18  0
END UTPM TABLE

The following table indicates the 3-dimensional "orbit repeatability", as 
defined in IGS Mail Message 37, for GPS week :

JPL ORBIT REPEATABILITY TABLE                GPS week 658 (1992 Aug 17 - Aug 21)
                92  8 17   92  8 18   92  8 19   92  8 20   92  8 21
prn    rms (m)
  2                  1.7        1.44       1.69       1.55       1.2
  3                  0.2        0.42       0.58       0.56       0.8
 11                  0.8        0.51       0.51       0.58       0.4
 12                  0.2        0.80       1.07       1.02       0.8
 13                  0.2        0.53       0.45       0.49       0.4
 14                  0.6        0.68       0.87       0.96       1.5
 15                  0.9        1.19       1.16       1.08       0.9
 16                  0.7        0.72       0.84       0.69       1.3
 17                  1.2        1.15       1.03       1.05       0.8
 18                  0.9        0.48       0.88       0.94       1.1
 19                  0.3        0.43       0.55       0.42       0.6
 20                  0.7        0.84       1.48       1.92       1.9
 21                  0.9        1.32       1.05       1.46       1.1
 23                  0.2        0.58       0.97       0.62       0.4
 24                  0.6        0.61       0.39       0.79       0.7
 25                  0.5        1.50       0.46       1.08       0.3
 26                  0.5        1.03       0.66       0.61       1.0
 28                  1.0        1.04       0.77       0.76       0.4
END ORBIT REPEATABILITY TABLE

As described in IGS Mail Message 37, the following table compares the JPL
precise ephemerides with those from the broadcast ephemeris:

JPL COMPARISON OF BROADCAST NAVIGATION MESSAGE WITH PRECISE EPHEMERIDES
                 92  8 17   92  8 18   92  8 19   92  8 20   92  8 21
prn    rms (m)
  2                  5.0        5.6        6.4        7.0        6.1
  3                 11.3       12.6       14.8       12.4       11.6
 11                  7.6        5.6        6.02       6.3        4.4
 12                 15.1        4.1        5.8        9.1       11.3
 13                  5.0        5.6        4.5        6.8        7.4
 14                  5.0        6.1        5.8        6.4        6.8
 15                  4.7        4.1        7.0        4.5        7.6
 16                  5.8        6.0        6.2        7.1        8.8
 17                  5.4        5.2        5.5        6.6        4.8
 18                 10.5        9.0       10.2        9.6       11.0
 19                  3.5        3.8        4.9        5.6        4.3
 20                  6.3        7.3        5.5        7.7        6.6
 21                  4.6        4.7        4.7        6.1        6.7
 23                  4.9        4.3        7.3        8.5        7.5
 24                  8.7        7.9        6.5       10.8        9.3
 25                  6.4       10.1       10.8        9.1        7.7
 26                  5.2        4.2        4.2        4.8        6.9
 28                  2.2        2.7        2.9        2.2        3.1
END COMPARISON OF BROADCAST NAVIGATION MESSAGE WITH PRECISE EPHEMERIDES

==============================================================================

From:    Suriya Tatevian ([email-masked])
Subject: regional coordinator report
         ---------------------------

  This is my first report. Two fiducial sites are now operating
in  the  region, both  receiveres  have been allowed by the GFZ,
prof. Ch.Reigber. The ROGUE receiver has been installed at the Kitab,
KITA station on July, 29. The data are transmitted to Analysis Center
GFZ/DLR through computer line from Moscow and with courier post from
Kitab to INASAN with a delay of 3-7 days.
  The second station is located at the Simeiz station. The TRIMBLE -
4000 SST is operating from September,1.

==============================================================================

From:     Joachim Feltens
Subject:  esa06597.sum
          ------------

-------------------------
ANALYSIS CENTRE: ESA/ESOC
-------------------------

OUTLINE OF THE ESTIMATION OF GPS-ORBITS AND EARTH ROTATION PARAMETERS AT THE
ESOC PROCESSING CENTER FOR IGS

J.M.Dow, S.Casotto, J.Feltens, S.Frey, C.Garcia-Martinez, T.Martin-Mur

Description of analysis for period 1992 August 23-29 (days 236-242,GPS week 659)

 *******************************************************************************
 On days 236 and 237 (August 23,24) there have been anti-spoofing tests. The
 test period lasted from day 235 to 237. So for this days our NGS-Format orbit
 files only contain such satellites, that obviously were not affected by anti-
 spoofing (see table below).
 *******************************************************************************

1. SOFTWARE USED:   GPSOBS/BAHN5

2. MODELS AND CONSTANTS USED

   a) General:                 no changes with respect to previous runs

   b) Satellite Force Model:   no changes with respect to previous runs

      The following table gives an overview over the satellites that have been
      used for the different one-day-arc solutions:     "+" used, "-" not used.
      __________________________________________________________________________
      PRN02| 03| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 23| 24| 25| 26| 28|
      ____-|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
      DAY| |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |
      236|A| - | + | + | + | + | + | A | A | + | + | A | A | A | A | A | A | A |
      237|A| + | + | + | + | + | + | A | A | + | + | A | A | A | A | A | A | A |
      238|+| + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + |
      239|+| + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + |
      240|+| + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + |
      241|+| + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + |
      242|+| + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + |

      "A" means anti-spoofing tests

   c) Ground Stations (if being estimated, one position (X,Y,Z) every day):

      The following table gives an overview over the ground stations,  that have
      been included into the GPS-data processing at ESOC. Except where otherwise
      noted ("remarks"), corrections are taken from IGS Mail No. 65  -  IGS site
      information and coordinates,updated version of IERS/IGS Tables in IGS Mail
      No. 33  -  (Boucher and Altamimi).
      __________________________________________________________________________
                          |             |    |    GPS WEEK 659     |
                          |             |    | 2  2  2  2  2  2  2 |
                          |             |    | 3  3  3  3  4  4  4 |
              SITE        |   COUNTRY   |CODE| 6  7  8  9  0  1  2 |  REMARKS
      --------------------|-------------|----|---------------------|------------
        Algonquin         | Canada      |ALGO| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        CANB/Tidbinbilla  | Australia   |TIDB| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
        Penticton         | U.S.A.      |DRAO| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Fairbanks         | U.S.A/Alaska|FAIR| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Goldstone         | U.S.A.      |GOLD| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Hartebeesthoek    | South Africa|HART| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Herstmonceux      | U.K.        |HERS| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Kokee Park        | U.S.A/Hawaii|KOKB| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
        Kourou      (ESA) | French Guyan|KOUR| ------------------- | own estim.
        Madrid            | Spain       |MADR| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Maspalomas  (ESA) | Spain/Can.Is|MASP| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
        Matera            | Italy       |MATE| F  F ------ F  F  F |
        McMurdo           | Antarctica  |MCMU| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
        Metsahovi         | Finland     |METS| F  F  F  F  F ----- |
        Ny Alesund/Spitzb.| Norway      |NYAL| ----- e  e  e  e  e |
        Onsala            | Sweden      |ONSA| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
        Pamate/Tahiti     | France      |PAMA| e --- e  e  e  e  e |
        Richmond          | U.S.A/Florid|RCM2| e ----------------- | own estim.
        Santiago          | Chile       |SANT| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Tai-Shi           | Taiwan      |TAIW| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
        Usuda             | Japan       |USUD| e  e  e  e  e  e  e |
        Wettzell          | Germany     |WETT| -------------- F  F |
        Yaragadee         | Australia   |YAR1| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Yellowknife       | Canada      |YELL| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |

      with: "F" ... coordinates of ground station kept fixed,
            "e" ... coordinates of ground station estimated,
            "-" ... ground station not included on that day.

   d) Earth Rotation Parameters:   no changes with respect to previous runs

   e) Observations:                no changes with respect to previous runs

3. PARAMETERS TO BE ESTIMATED PER 1-DAY ARC

   a) Satellite Parameters per Spacecraft:    no changes with respect to
                                                                   previous runs
   b) Station related parameters per ground station:  no changes with respect to
                                                                   previous runs
   c) Earth Rotation Parameters:              no changes with respect to
                                                                   previous runs
4. PARAMETERS TO BE KEPT FIXED IN THE SOLUTION

   a) Satellite Parameters per Spacecraft:    no changes with respect to
                                                                   previous runs
   b) Station related parameters per Ground Station:  no changes with respect to
                                                                   previous runs
5. PRODUCTS GENERATED

   The following products are generated and stored in CDDIS at NASA/GSFC:

   ESA06590.EPH   - Precise GPS orbits for day 236 (August 23)
   ESA06591.EPH   - Precise GPS orbits for day 237 (August 24)
   ESA06592.EPH   - Precise GPS orbits for day 238 (August 25)
   ESA06593.EPH   - Precise GPS orbits for day 239 (August 26)
   ESA06594.EPH   - Precise GPS orbits for day 240 (August 27)
   ESA06595.EPH   - Precise GPS orbits for day 241 (August 28)
   ESA06596.EPH   - Precise GPS orbits for day 242 (August 29)
   ESA06597.ERP   - Earth rotation results for week beginning 1992 August 23
   ESA06597.SUM   - The name of this text file