Subject: [IGSMAIL-82] Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: 1 SEP 1992 14:06:50

Subject

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail        1-SEP-1992 14:06:50       Message Number 82
***********************************************************************
 
==============================================================================
                   THIS FILE CONTAINS 2 MESSAGES
==============================================================================

From:     Dennis McCarthy
Subject:  Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
          -----------------------------------------

Date:     31 August 1992

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  Units are milliseconds of arc for x and y, and
milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Contributor Data Span Points       Mean          Standard Deviation
                                (NEOS-GPS)  
                              x     y   UT1-UTC   x     y   UT1-UTC
U. of Texas  48794.5    53  -0.79 -2.78          1.32  1.83  
             -48848.5

Scripps      48780.5    73  -1.08 -1.57          0.65  0.54
             -48853.5     

U. of Berne  48792.5     8  -0.38  0.19  -1.50   1.64  1.72  0.14 
 (ITRF90)    -48799.5

U. of Berne  48800.5    50  -0.43  0.37  -0.22   0.74  0.98  0.28 
(ITRF91)    -48849.5

JPL          48794.5    51  -1.31 -0.04          0.67  1.02 
             -48848.5

GFZ          48795.0    41   0.50  1.40          2.60  2.57
             -48835.5

ESOC         48794.5    51  -1.36  0.91          1.38  2.54
             -48849.5

Plots are available by FAX to anyone interested.

Regards,

Dennis McCarthy
  [email-masked]

==============================================================================

From:     Ruth E. Neilan
Subject:  Epoch'92 Data Catalog Format
          ----------------------------

Catalog Format for IGS Epoch'92 GPS Station Occupations

These catalog formats areprimarily described here for the 
Epoch'92 Regional Coordinators, but may be useful for the various 
agencies who are forwarding Epoch'92 data to their respective 
Regional Coordinators.  This should not be confused with the 
data format file recommended previously by Gerhard Beutler.  

The following information should be sent along with the RINEX'ed 
GPS data to each regional coordinator:
GPS Observation and Daily Log Sheets
GPS Station Information Report
Map of the Network

Each Coordinator is responsible for the generation of a data catalog 
in the format as discussed and agreed upon at the San Diego 
business meeting and the March meeting in Columbus.  This 
format was developed for the GIG'91 Campaign and has been very 
useful for keeping track of the data.  The file can be tab formatted 
between columnar fields or blocked out by ASCII character counts.  

The preferred format is for the types of field to be horizontal across 
the top of the page and fill in each station underneath, similar to 
the format printed in Table 6 of Newsletter 92-3 pages 11-19.  for 
simplicity I have listed the fields  vertically here with an example 
from GIG:
 
Station Name or Geographic Location  	Parana
Country	Brazil
4-Character ID 	PARA
Latitude  	-25.4479
Longitude  (East)	-49.2305
Receiver Type  	Trimble 400 STD
Receiver Source Agency  	UFPR
Observing Agency  	UFPR
Data Center  	UFPR
Processing Center  	IBGE/UFPR
Confirmed Observing Days (GPS DOY) 	22-45
Received by Regional Coordinator (mark with X)
	Observing Logs	X
	Station Information	X
	GPS Data	X
	Format	RINEX
Mark Inscription or Monument Number 	25 91105
Co-location (mark with X) 
	VLBI
	SLR
	DORIS
	PRARE
Operations contact	Milton Campos

If any "X" information is incomplete, mark as such or with a '?'
Copies of the catalog and network maps should be sent to the 
Central Bureau, each Network Data Center, and to the Epoch '92 
Science Advisor, Bernard Minster.

If you have any questions or further comments, please contact me. 

I think that everyone is interested to see the final composition
of the Epoch'92 deployment! 
Sincerely,
Ruth E. Neilan
Central Bureau, IGS