Subject: [IGSMAIL-58] esa06537.sum
From: Joachim Feltens
Date: 3 AUG 1992 17:16:11

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail        3-AUG-1992 17:16:11       Message Number 58
***********************************************************************
 
From:     Joachim Feltens
Subject:  esa06537.sum
          ------------

-------------------------
ANALYSIS CENTRE: ESA/ESOC
-------------------------

OUTLINE OF THE ESTIMATION OF GPS-ORBITS AND EARTH ROTATION PARAMETERS AT THE
ESOC PROCESSING CENTER FOR IGS

J.M.Dow, S.Casotto, J.Feltens, S.Frey, C.Garcia-Martinez, T.Martin-Mur

Description of analysis for period 1992 July 12 - 18 (days 194-200,GPS week 653)

1. SOFTWARE USED:   GPSOBS/BAHN5

2. MODELS AND CONSTANTS USED

   a) General:                 no changes with respect to previous runs

   b) Satellite Force Model:   no changes with respect to previous runs

      The following table gives an overview over the satellites that have been
      used for the different one-day-arc solutions:     '+' used, '-' not used.
      __________________________________________________________________________
      PRN02| 03| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 23| 24| 25| 26| 28|
      ____-|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
      DAY| |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |
      194|+| + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + |   | + |
      195|+| + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + |   | + |
      196|+| + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | - | + |   | + |
      197|+| + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | - | + | + | - |   | + |
      198|+| + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + |   | + |
      199|+| + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + |   | + |
      200|+| + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + |   | + |

   c) Ground Stations (if being estimated, one position (X,Y,Z) every day):

      The following table gives an overview over the ground stations,  that have
      been included into the GPS-data processing at ESOC. Except where otherwise
      noted ("remarks"), corrections are taken from IGS Mail No. 33  -  IGS site
      information and coordinates  -  (Boucher and Altamimi).
      __________________________________________________________________________
                          |             |    |    GPS WEEK 653     |
                          |             |    | 1  1  1  1  1  1  2 |
                          |             |    | 9  9  9  9  9  9  0 |
              SITE        |   COUNTRY   |CODE| 4  5  6  7  8  9  0 |  REMARKS
      --------------------|-------------|----|---------------------|------------
        Algonquin         | Canada      |ALGO| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        CANB/Tidbinbilla  | Australia   |TIDB| E  E  E  E  E ----- | Bern
        Penticton         | U.S.A.      |DRAO| E  E  E  E  E  E  E |
        Fairbanks         | U.S.A/Alaska|FAIR| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Goldstone         | U.S.A.      |GOLD| E  E  E  E  E  E  E |
        Herstmonceux      | U.K.        |HERS| ------------------- |
        Kokee Park        | U.S.A/Hawaii|KOKB| E  E  E  E  E  E  E |
        Kourou      (ESA) | French Guyan|KOUR| ------------------- |
        Madrid            | Spain       |MADR| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Maspalomas  (ESA) | Spain/Can.Is|MASP| E  E  E  E  E  E  E |
        Matera            | Italy       |MATE| ----- E ----------- |
        McMurdo           | Antarctica  |MCMU| E  E  E  E  E  E  E | IGS Mail 44
        Metsahovi         | Finland     |METS| ------------------- |
        Ny Alesund/Spitzb.| Norway      |NYAL| ----- E ----------- |
        Onsala            | Norway      |ONSA| ------------------- |
        Pamate/Tahiti     | France      |PAMA| E  E  E  E  E  E  E | IGS Mail 44
        Santiago          | Chile       |SANT| ------------------- | IGS Mail 35
        Tai-Shi           | Taiwan      |TAIW| ----- E ----------- | Bern
        Tromsoe           | Norway      |TROM| ------------------- |
        Usuda             | Japan       |USUD| E  E  E  E -------- |
        Wettzell          | Germany     |WETB| ----- E ----------- |
        Yaragadee         | Australia   |YAR1| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |
        Yellowknife       | Canada      |YELL| F  F  F  F  F  F  F |

      with: "F" ... coordinates of ground station kept fixed,
            "E" ... coordinates of ground station estimated,
            "-" ... ground station not included on that day.

      In the case of Canberra and Ny Alesund, the 4-Char ID's have changed:
            CANB ===> TIDB (Tidbinbilla)
            NALL ===> NYAL (Ny Alesund)

   d) Earth Rotation Parameters:   no changes with respect to previous runs

   e) Observations:                no changes with respect to previous runs

3. PARAMETERS TO BE ESTIMATED PER 1-DAY ARC

   a) Satellite Parameters per Spacecraft:    no changes with respect to
                                                                   previous runs
   b) Station related parameters per ground station:  no changes with respect to
                                                                   previous runs
   c) Earth Rotation Parameters:              no changes with respect to
                                                                   previous runs
4. PARAMETERS TO BE KEPT FIXED IN THE SOLUTION

   a) Satellite Parameters per Spacecraft:    no changes with respect to
                                                                   previous runs
   b) Station related parameters per Ground Station:  no changes with respect to
                                                                   previous runs
5. PRODUCTS GENERATED

   The following products are generated and stored in CDDIS at NASA/GSFC:

   ESA06537.EPH   - Precise GPS orbits for week 653 in NGS-format
   ESA06537.ERP   - Earth rotation results for week beginning 1992 July 12
   ESA06537.SUM   - The name of this text file