Subject: [IGSMAIL-57] Herstmonceux Rogue
From: Andrew Sinclair
Date: 31 JUL 1992 09:13:15

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail       31-JUL-1992 17:43:59       Message Number 57
***********************************************************************
 
==============================================================================
                   THIS FILE CONTAINS 3 MESSAGES
==============================================================================

From:     Andrew Sinclair
Subject:  Herstmonceux Rogue
          ----------------------

Eccentricity vector of Herstmonceux Rogue

The UK Ordnance Survey carried out survey work at the Herstmonceux
site in September 1991, consisting of GPS and terrestrial
observations, in order to determine the eccentricity
vector of the Rogue GPS receiver relative to the SLR. The result,
for the vector from the SLR to the Rogue, was:
     dx= +6.6735,  dy= +10.2828,  dz= -3.7461 metres.
In May 1992 it was discovered that this vector actually referred
to the L1 phase centre of the Rogue rather than the point designated
as the GPS reference marker, which is 0.27558 m below the L1 phase
centre. This information was made available in June 1992.
The list of eccentricity vectors from Boucher and Altamimi in 
IGS e-mail message number 33 (1-Jul-1992) contains the corrected 
vector given as
     dx= +6.498,   dy= +10.281,   dz= -3.959 metres.

In June 1992 Ordnance Survey carried out a new survey of the site in
order to make an independent check on the vector. This survey made
only terrestrial observations, and had the advantage that direct
distance and angle observations could be made from the SLR to the
Rogue due to the removal of an obstruction which prevented these
measurements in the 1991 survey. In addition Ordnance Survey
re-reduced the 1991 observations in order to give the vector to
the correct point on the Rogue. The differences of these two
determinations of the vector are:
       1.0 mm in x,   6.3 mm in y,   10.6 mm in z. 
The lengths of the two vectors differ by only 1.3 mm, and hence
Ordnance Survey conclude that the main uncertainty lies in the
orientation of the vector, and recommend that the weighted mean
be taken as the best determination.

Accordingly, the recommended vector from the SLR to the Rogue,
in the WGS-84 system, is
     dx= +6.5052,   dy= +10.2783,   dz= -3.9453  metres.

The SLR reference point is the intersection of axes;
DOMES number 13212 S001.

The GPS reference point is at a distance 0.2002 m below the bottom
of the choke ring; DOMES number 13212 M007.

The GPS receiver is a mini-Rogue SNR-8C (as from 1992 March 24).
Before then it was an SNR-8A.

Andrew Sinclair
1992 July 31

==============================================================================

From:    Werner Gurtner
Subject: Zimmerwald GPS Receivers
         ------------------------

GPS Receivers at the Zimmerwald SLR Station
-------------------------------------------

On Day 210 a P-Code Ashtech Receiver LM-XII3 Version 6I was installed
on a second marker at the Zimmerwald SLR Observatory, in addition to
the P2 Trimble 4000SST receiver of the Federal Office of Topography.

   The LM-XII3 receiver has been kindly provided by the Ashtech
   Company for the (remaining part of the) IGS campaign. 

The receiver has been connected to an on-site Compaq PC through the serial 
ports. The receiver is powered by the station's 24 Volt protected
power supply.

The data is downloaded to the PC automatically twice a day using the batch
mode of the Ashtech REMOTE program, rinexed, and sent to the VAX station 
computer, from where it is distributed through Internet connections after
having been concatenated into daily files and properly compressed.

A second receiver has been installed at the Graz SLR Observatory 
by Dr. Peter Pesec in parallel with their Rogue receiver. Its site
information will be made available by Dr. Pesec.

These dual occupations (Ashtech/Trimble and Ashtech/Rogue) provide 
an excellent opportunity to study mixed receiver baselines on precisely 
known sites.

We will make available the data collected at Zimmerwald by the LM-XII3
to the IGS community, too.

Zimmerwald Site Information:
---------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Site          Abbr CDP  Dome   SLR/  GPS  -------- Local Tie -------  Ant.  RCV
Name                No   No    VLBI  Mark  deltaX   deltaY   deltaZ  Height
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zimmerwald    ZIMA 7602 14001  S001  M002    8.448   -0.168   -3.993  0.000 P12
Zimmerwald    ZIMM 7602 14001  S001  M004   13.680    6.012   -6.242  0.000 SSP
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Local Tie:
  Vector given from SLR/VLBI Center to GPS Marker

Antenna Height:
  Vertical Distance from GPS Marker to Antenna Reference Point (ARP)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Receiver/Antenna       Antenna Reference Point ARP   RCV   ARP to L1  ARP to L2
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trimble SST L2 P-Code  Bottom of Preamplifier        SSP     0.069      0.068
Ashtech P-XII          Bottom of Antenna             P12     0.076      0.076
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

******************************************************************************
 Werner Gurtner, Astronomical Institute, University of Berne, Sidlerstrasse 5
 CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland, Tel: ++41-31-658591 / 658599, Fax: ++41-31-653869
 E-Mail: [email-masked]                    SPAN: 20579::49203::gurtner
******************************************************************************

==============================================================================

From:     Carey Noll
Subject:  CDDIS GPS Data Holdings for IGS Week 6/GPS Week 654
          ---------------------------------------------------

              Current IGS GPS Data Holdings (as of 31-Jul-92 08:07)             
     IGS Week 6/GPS Week 654 (July 19 thru July 25, 1992; Days 201 thru 207)    
                                                                                
                                     2    2    2    2    2    2    2            
                    Mon.             0    0    0    0    0    0    0    No.     
    Site Name       Name  Receiver   1    2    3    4    5    6    7   Sites    
------------------  ----  --------  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  -----    
Albert Head         ALBH  ROGUE      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Algonquin           ALGO  ROGUE      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Brasilia            BRAS  TRIMBLE    -    -    -    -    -    -    X       1    
Fairbanks           FAIR  ROGUE      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Goldstone           GOLD  ROGUE      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Graz                GRAZ  ROGUE      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Hartebeesthoek      HART  ROGUE      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Herstmonceux        HERS  ROGUE      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Hobart              HOBA  MINIMAC    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Kokee Park          KOKB  ROGUE      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Kootwijk            KOSG  ROGUE      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Madrid              MADR  ROGUE      X    X    X    X    X    X    x       7    
Mas Palomas         MASP  ROGUE      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Matera              MATE  ROGUE      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
McMurdo             MCMU  ROGUE      X    X    X    X    X    X    -       6    
Metsahovi           METS  ROGUE      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Mojave              MOJ1  MINIMAC    -    X    X    X    X    X    X       6    
Ny Alesund          NYAL  ROGUE      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Onsala              ONSA  ROGUE      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Pamate              PAMA  ROGUE      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Parana              PARA  TRIMBLE    -    -    -    -    -    -    X       1
Pasadena            JPLM  ROGUE      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Penticton           DRAO  ROGUE      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Pinyon Flat         PINY  ROGUE      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Richmond            RCMA  MINIMAC    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Richmond            RCM2  ROGUE      -    -    -    X    X    X    X       4    
Saint John's        STJO  ROGUE      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Santiago            SANT  ROGUE      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Taiwan              TAIW  ROGUE      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Tidbinbilla         TIDB  ROGUE      X    X    -    -    X    X    X       5    
Townsville          TOWN  TRIMBLE    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Tromso              TROM  ROGUE      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Tsukuba             TSUK  MINIMAC    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Usuda               USUD  ROGUE      -    X    X    X    -    X    -       4    
Wellington          WELL  TRIMBLE    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Westford            WES1  MINIMAC    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Wettzell            WETT  ROGUE      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Yaragadee           YAR1  ROGUE      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Yellowknife         YELL  ROGUE      X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
Zimmerwald          ZIMM  TRIMBLE    X    X    X    X    X    X    X       7    
------------------  ----  --------  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  ---  -----    
Totals:               40  stations   35   37   36   37   37   38   38    258

Notes:  CDDIS disk archive status:  

           GPS1:[GPSDATA] directory contains days 206 and on
           GPS2:[GPSDATA] directory contains days 187 thru 205
           GPS3:[PRODUCTS] directory contains IGS products

        Data from new Rogue receiver at Richmond (RCM2) has arrived for day 200
           and beyond.

        Data from Brasilia (BRAS) and Parana, Brazil have arrived from the
           Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais (INPE), Brazil in support
           of Epoch '92.  These data will reside with the core data on optical
           disk.

        Data from Kitab, Uzbekistan has begun to arrive at CDDIS via the
           GFZ.  Data from day 193 has been delivered.