Subject: [IGSMAIL-48] Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
From: Dennis McCarthy
Date: 22 JUL 1992 09:33:05

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail       22-JUL-1992 09:33:05       Message Number 48
***********************************************************************
 
From:     Dennis McCarthy
Subject:  Preliminary look at GPS Earth orientation
          -----------------------------------------

Date:     21 July 1992

An updated look at Earth orientation data submitted to the IERS
follows.  Units are milliseconds of arc for x and y, and
milliseconds of time for UT1-UTC.

Contributor Data Span Points       Mean          Standard Deviation
                                (NEOS-GPS)  
                              x     y   UT1-UTC   x     y   UT1-UTC
U. of Texas  48794.0    18  -0.92 -1.84          1.62  2.46  
             -48811.5

Scripps      48779.5    35  -1.08 -0.71          0.91  1.16
             -48814.5     

U. of Berne  48792.5     8  -0.42  0.34  -1.50   1.85  1.87  0.14 
 (ITRF90)    -48799.5

U. of Berne  48800.5    15  -0.85 -0.36  -0.33   0.80  0.81  0.25 
 (ITRF91)    -48814.5

JPL          48794.5    18  -0.95 -1.60          0.99  1.80 
             -48811.5

GFZ          48795.0     6   1.61  3.27          2.19  2.49
             -48800.0    

Plots are available by FAX to anyone interested.

Regards,

Dennis McCarthy
  [email-masked]