Subject: [IGSMAIL-38] CDDIS Report to the IGS Central Bureau -- Correction
From: Carey Noll
Date: 9 JUL 1992 18:28:39

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail        9-JUL-1992 18:28:39       Message Number 38
***********************************************************************
 
==============================================================================
                   THIS FILE CONTAINS 3 MESSAGES
==============================================================================

From:    Carey Noll
Subject: CDDIS Report to the IGS Central Bureau -- Correction
         ----------------------------------------------------

     Here is my first report to the IGS Oversight Committee; I hope it is not
too lengthy!  I have given a weekly summary by site for the first three weeks
of the campaign as well as some general information about our archiving and
data distribution efforts. Also included her is a list of problem areas that
have arisen during the first three weeks of the campaign.  Although the list
looks lengthy, I don't want you to think it implies that we are having
difficulties or are complaining a great deal!  All in all, I believe we have
been doing a pretty good job at keeping up with things as have the data
suppliers. 

***** Status Reports:

     Below are three weekly status reports.  The last week is incomplete at
CDDIS, but it gives you an indication of how the data arrives here.

                Current IGS GPS Data Holdings (as of 07-Jul-92)
             IGS Week 0 (Jun 14 thru 20, 1992; Days 166 thru 172)

                                         1   1   1   1   1   1   1
                     Mon.                6   6   6   6   7   7   7    No.       
    Site Name        Name    Receiver    6   7   8   9   0   1   2   Sites      
------------------   ----   ----------   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -----      
Algonquin            ALGO   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Fairbanks            FAIR   ROGUE        X       X   X   X   X   X       6      
Goldstone            DS10   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X               5      
Graz                 GRAZ   ROGUE            X   X   X   X   X   X       6      
Hartebeesthoek       HART   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Herstmonceux         HERS   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Hobart               TASM   MINIMAC      X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Kokee Park           KOKB   ROGUE            X   X   X   X   X   X       6      
Kootwijk             KOSG   ROGUE                                X       1      
Madrid               DS60   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X               5      
Matera               MATR   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X           6      
McMurdo              MCMU   ROGUE        X   X   X   X                   4      
Metsahovi            METS   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X       X       6      
Ny Alesund        NALL/NYAL ROGUE        X   X       X   X   X   X       6      
Onsala               ONSA   ROGUE        X       X   X   X   X   X       6      
Pasadena             MESA   ROGUE        X       X   X   X   X   X       6      
Penticton            DRAO   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Pinyon Flat          PINY   ROGUE        X       X   X   X   X   X       6      
Albert Head          ALBH   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Richmond             RICH   MINIMAC      X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Saint John's         STJO   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Santiago             SANT   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Scripps              SIO1   ROGUE                    X   X               2      
Tahiti               PAMA   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7
Taiwan               TAIW   ROGUE                X   X   X   X   X       5      
Tidbinbilla          DS40   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X               5      
Townsville           TOWN   TRIMBLE      X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Tromso               TROM   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Tsukuba              TSUK   MINIMAC                          X   X       2      
Usuda                USUD   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Victoria             PGC1   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Wellington           WELL   TRIMBLE      X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Wettzell             WTZL   ROGUE            X       X   X   X           4      
Yaragadee            YAR1   ROGUE            X   X   X   X   X   X       6      
Yellowknife          YELL   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Zimmerwald           ZIMM   TRIMBLE          X   X   X   X   X   X       6      
------------------   ----   ----------  --  --  --  --  --  --  --   -----      
Totals:                36 stations      27  28  31  34  33  29  29     211

                Current IGS GPS Data Holdings (as of 07-Jul-92)
             IGS Week 1 (Jun 21 thru 27, 1992; Days 173 thru 179)

                                         1   1   1   1   1   1   1
                     Mon.                7   7   7   7   7   7   7    No.       
    Site Name        Name    Receiver    3   4   5   6   7   8   9   Sites      
------------------   ----   ----------   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -----      
Algonquin            ALGO   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Fairbanks            FAIR   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Goldstone            DS10   ROGUE            X   X       X   X   X       5      
Graz                 GRAZ   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Hartebeesthoek       HART   ROGUE            X       X   X       X       4      
Herstmonceux         HERS   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Hobart            HOBA/TASM MINIMAC      X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Kokee Park           KOKB   ROGUE        X   X   X   X                   4      
Kootwijk             KOSG   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Madrid               DS60   ROGUE            X   X   X   X   X   X       6      
Mas Pallomas         MASP   ROGUE            X   X   X   X   X   X       6      
Matera               MATE   ROGUE            X   X   X   X   X   X       6      
McMurdo              MCMU   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Metsahovi            METS   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Mojave            MOJ1/MOJA MINIMAC          X   X   X   X   X   X       6      
Ny Alesund        NALL/NYAL ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Onsala               ONSA   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Pamate               PAMA   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Pasadena             MESA   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Penticton            DRAO   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Pinyon Flat          PINY   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Albert Head          ALBH   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Richmond          RCMA/RICH MINIMAC      X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Saint John's         STJO   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Santiago             SANT   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Taiwan               TAIW   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Tidbinbilla          DS40   ROGUE            X   X           X   X       4      
Townsville           TOWN   TRIMBLE      X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Tromso               TROM   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Tsukuba              TSUK   MINIMAC      X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Usuda                USUD   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Victoria             PGC1   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Wellington           WELL   TRIMBLE      X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Westford          WES1/WEST MINIMAC          X   X   X   X   X   X       6      
Wettzell          WETT/WTZL ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Yaragadee            YAR1   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Yellowknife          YELL   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Zimmerwald           ZIMM   TRIMBLE      X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
------------------   ----   ----------  --  --  --  --  --  --  --   -----      
Totals:                38 stations      31  38  37  36  36  36  37     250

                Current IGS GPS Data Holdings (as of 07-Jul-92)
           IGS Week 2 (Jun 28 thru Jul 4, 1992; Days 180 thru 186)

                                         1   1   1   1   1   1   1              
                     Mon.                8   8   8   8   8   8   8    No.       
    Site Name        Name    Receiver    0   1   2   3   4   5   6   Sites      
------------------   ----   ----------   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -----      
Algonquin            ALGO   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Fairbanks            FAIR   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X       X       6      
Goldstone            DS10   ROGUE        X   X                           2      
Graz                 GRAZ   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Hartebeesthoek       HART   ROGUE        X           X                   2      
Herstmonceux         HERS   ROGUE        X   X   X                       3      
Hobart               HOBA   MINIMAC          X   X   X   X   X   X       6      
Kokee Park           KOKB   ROGUE            X   X   X       X   X       5      
Kootwijk             KOSG   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Madrid               DS60   ROGUE        X   X                           2      
Mas Pallomas         MASP   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Matera               MATE   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7
McMurdo              MCMU   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X               5      
Metsahovi            METS   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Mojave               MOJ1   MINIMAC      X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Ny Alesund        NALL/NYAL ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Onsala               ONSA   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Pamate               PAMA   ROGUE        X   X       X   X               4      
Pasadena             MESA   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X       X       6      
Penticton            DRAO   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Pinyon Flat          PINY   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X       X       6      
Albert Head          ALBH   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Richmond             RCMA   MINIMAC      X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Saint John's         STJO   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Santiago             SANT   ROGUE        X       X   X   X       X       5      
Taiwan               TAIW   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Tidbinbilla          DS40   ROGUE        X   X                           2      
Townsville           TOWN   TRIMBLE      X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Tromso               TROM   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Tsukuba              TSUK   MINIMAC      X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Usuda                USUD   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X       X       6      
Victoria             PGC1   ROGUE        X   X   X       X       X       5      
Wellington           WELL   TRIMBLE      X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Westford             WES1   MINIMAC      X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Wettzell             WETT   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Yaragadee            YAR1   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X       X       6      
Yellowknife          YELL   ROGUE        X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
Zimmerwald           ZIMM   TRIMBLE      X   X   X   X   X   X   X       7      
------------------   ----   ----------  --  --  --  --  --  --  --   -----      
Totals:                38 stations      36  36  33  33  32  24  31     225

***** Some general comments:

    1.  We have been receiving data routinely from five sources:  JPL, CIGNET, 
AIUB, EMR, and DELFT (backup for the Kootwijk data).  A breakdown of who gives 
what is included below.

                     JPL   CIGNET  EMR    AIUB  DELFT    IGS
                    ------ ------ ------ ------ ------  ------
Algonquin            ALGO   ----   ALGO   ----   ----    ALGO
Fairbanks            FAIR   ----   ----   ----   ----    FAIR
Goldstone            DS10   ----   ----   ----   ----    GOLD
Graz                 ----   ----   ----   GRAZ   ----    GRAZ
Hartebeesthoek       HART   ----   ----   ----   ----    HART
Herstmonceux         HERS   HERS   ----   ----   ----    HERS
Hobart               ----   HOBA   ----   ----   ----    HOBA
                            TASM                              (1)
Kokee Park           KOKB   ----   ----   ----   ----    KOKB
Kootwijk             KOSG   KOSG   ----   ----   KOSG    KOSG
Madrid               DS60   ----   ----   ----   ----    MADR
Mas Pallomas         ----   ----   ----   MASP   ----    MASP
Matera               MATE   MATE   ----   ----   ----    MATE
                            MATR                              (1)
McMurdo              MCMU   ----   ----   ----   ----    MCMU
Metsahovi            METS   METS   ----   ----   ----    METS
Mojave               ----   MOJ1   ----   ----   ----    MOJ1
                            MOJA                              (1)
Ny Alesund           NALL   NYAL   ----   ----   ----    NYAL
Onsala               ONSA   ONSA   ----   ----   ----    ONSA
Pamate               PAMA   ----   ----   ----   ----    PAMA
Pasadena             MESA   ----   ----   ----   ----    JPL1?
Penticton            PENT   ----   DRAO   ----   ----    DRAO
Pinyon Flat          PINY   ----   ----   ----   ----    PIN1
Albert Head          ALBH   ----   ALBH   ----   ----    ALBH
Richmond             ----   RCMA   ----   ----   ----    RCMA
                            RICH                              (1)
Saint John's         STJO   ----   STJO   ----   ----    STJO
Santiago             SANT   ----   ----   ----   ----    SANT
Scripps              SIO1   ----   ----   ----   ----    SIO1
Taiwan               T986   TAIW   ----   ----   ----    TAIS?
Tidbinbilla          DS40   ----   ----   ----   ----    CANB
Townsville           ----   TOWN   ----   ----   ----    TOWN
Tromso               TROM   TROM   ----   ----   ----    TROM
Tsukuba              ----   TSUK   ----   ----   ----    TSUK
Usuda                USUD   ----   ----   ----   ----    USUD
Victoria             PGC1   ----   ----   ----   ----    PGC1
Wellington           ----   WELL   ----   ----   ----    WELL
Westford             ----   WES1   ----   ----   ----    WES1
                            WEST                              (1)
Wettzell             WETZ   WETT   ----   ----   ----    WETT
                            WTZL                              (1)
Yaragadee            YAR1   ----   ----   ----   ----    YAR1
Yellowknife          YELL   ----   YELL   ----   ----    YELL
Zimmerwald           ----   ----   ----   ZIMM   ----    ZIMM

Notes:   (1)  IGS-requested name change performed around day 176

    2.  Archiving of IGS data.  We archive all GPS data to optical disks on a
daily basis. We can have two optical disks on-line at any one time.  The
archived data include observation, navigation, concatenated navigation, and
small summary files (required for our archiving process).  All data but the
summary files are stored in compressed RINEX.  At the present rate, it seems
that we would be able to store about 20 days on one optical disk (i.e., 40 or
so days on-line at any one time).  This method of storage should leave room on
each disk for the products generated from these data (see 3 below).  All data
are stored in the disks GPS1:[GPSDATA...] and GPS2:[GPSDATA...], with
subdirectories first by day, then by data type (e.g., GPS1:[GPSDATA.92181.92O]
contains all the observation files for day 181). 

    3.  Archiving of IGS products.  As you have discussed in earlier IGS Mail,
the CDDIS will serve as a repository for the IGS products generated by the
analysis centers.  To date, I have only heard from three centers regarding their
future deposits of products.  I have established a PRODUCTS directory on our
first IGS optical disk (i.e., GPS1:[PRODUCTS]).  I have also created
subdirectories under this main directory by GPS week.  For now, files from all
analysis centers will be placed in these weekly subdirectories.  Berne has
delivered some products which have been stored in this manner. 

***** Some "problems areas" to note:

    1.  Some data suppliers are not following the agreed to naming convention
for the files.  This includes both monument names and sequence numbers.  At 
previous IGS meetings it was agreed that the sequence number (i.e., the # in 
the file name mmmmddd#.yyt_Z) was to begin with 0, not 1.  Some files still 
arrive at CDDIS with a 1, despite communication from us asking for the correct 
file name format.

    2.  Monument names.  There have been numerous messages about what the proper
monument names should be.  I see that JPL still does not subscribe to the new 
names, but there may be some reasons for this that I am not aware of yet (see 
IGS Mail #34).

    3.  Late deliveries.  There were some delays because of the start up process
and system problems at JPL.  I believe these have already worked themselves out 
as we all became more efficient, and since JPL overcame system and environmental
problems.  Some duplicate files continue to arrive each day, but we will work
through the problems with JPL.

    4.  Duplicate files.  We have sometimes seen that some suppliers send in a 
second version of the same data released on an earlier day.  After performing 
some selected comparisons and finding no difference, we have decided to ignore 
duplicates from the same source unless specifically directed by the source that 
the data is a replacement data set.  In some cases files were larger in size and
where we saw this we replaced the earlier data set with the revised one.

    5.  Duplicate deliveries.  We get the same data from several sources. In 
general, we copy the files to our optical archive on a first-come-first-copied 
basis.  In other words, the source that supplies the data first gets their data 
copied to the archive.  However, in some cases each source gives their data a 
different four-digit name, so the user could become confused.  The above list 
details all the different sites we receive, the different names, and their 
respective sources. 

    6.  Navigation files.  We have not been receiving all of the navigation
files for each observation file received.  In addition, the concatenation 
program supplied by Berne had to be modified to correct a file format problem 
and to handle RINEX V2.  Therefore, we were unable to create BRDC files until 
July 1, after Werner quickly repaired his software.  We now create BRDC files 
on a routine basis.

    Well, I think that is all I have to say for now, and I am sure that it is
enough for you folks to read anyways.  Please feel free to contact me if you 
have any questions/concerns/comments.  I hope this information is not too late
in arriving to you for inclusion in the first general report of the IGS.

Best regards,

Carey.

==============================================================================

From:    Dave Starr
Subject: JPL analysis files
         ------------------

From JPL. 

The anouncment of the JPL analysis files contained an error in how to
obtain the data from CDDIS. The data is NOT available via AFTP from
CDDIS. The JPL analsis files are available through the IGS account.

Sorry for any confusion or inconvience caused by this mistake.

Dave Starr
JPL GPS Operations

==============================================================================

From:    IERS
Subject: EARTH ORIENTATION BULLETIN  No 1
         --------------------------------

                  *******************************************
                  *                                         *
                    IGS'92 EARTH ORIENTATION BULLETIN   1
                  *                                         *
                  *******************************************
                                                               9 JULY 1992

 1 - EARTH ORIENTATION PARAMETERS (IERS/CB evaluation): EOP(IERS) 90 C 04

    Date      MJD         x     y    UT1-UTC
    1992                   0.0001"    0.00001s
   (0h UTC)

   JUN   9    48782    -1548  3222    -52293
   JUN  10    48783    -1542  3245    -52489
   JUN  11    48784    -1538  3272    -52667
   JUN  12    48785    -1535  3300    -52827
   JUN  13    48786    -1535  3328    -52972

   JUN  14    48787    -1534  3358    -53109
   JUN  15    48788    -1533  3387    -53243
   JUN  16    48789    -1532  3415    -53378
   JUN  17    48790    -1532  3444    -53520
   JUN  18    48791    -1533  3472    -53671

   JUN  19    48792    -1532  3499    -53831
   JUN  20    48793    -1530  3523    -54001
   JUN  21    48794    -1527  3545    -54179
   JUN  22    48795    -1521  3567    -54362
   JUN  23    48796    -1513  3589    -54543

   JUN  24    48797    -1504  3611    -54722
   JUN  25    48798    -1493  3635    -54888
   JUN  26    48799    -1480  3660    -55039
   JUN  27    48800    -1467  3685    -55181
   JUN  28    48801    -1455  3710    -55316

   JUN  29    48802    -1444  3735    -55446
   JUN  30    48803    -1432  3759    -55579
   JUL   1    48804    -1420  3783     44276
   JUL   2    48805    -1406  3807     44116
   JUL   3    48806    -1391  3829     43933

   JUL   4    48807    -1376  3853     43735
   JUL   5    48808    -1361  3876     43531
   JUL   6    48809    -1346  3899     43330
   JUL   7    48810    -1330  3922     43147
   JUL   8    48811    -1315  3944     42984

   JUL   9    48812    -1298  3966     42845

 2 - INDIVIDUAL SERIES OF EARTH ORIENTATION PARAMETERS
     The series listed hereafter,obtained  by the IGS Processing Centres,
     are described in  the IG'92 Earth Orientation Bulletin number 2.

         2 -a - EOP(CODE) 92 P 01
                Units : 0.0001" for x,y, 0.00001s for UT1.

     Date                                                      Uncertainties
     1992      MJD        x     y     UT1-UTC   Passes  Span   x    y   UT1-UTC
                                                        hours

   JUN  19   48792.50  -1517  3539    -53779                   1    2       2
   JUN  20   48793.50  -1525  3566    -53929                   1    1       2
   JUN  21   48794.50  -1495  3560    -54095                   2    2       2
   JUN  22   48795.50  -1523  3579    -54275                   2    2       2
   JUN  23   48796.50  -1490  3596    -54476                   2    2       2

   JUN  24   48797.50  -1500  3627    -54664                   3    4       3
   JUN  25   48798.50  -1484  3634    -54829                   2    2       2
   JUN  26   48799.50  -1503  3697    -54970                   1    2       1
   JUN  27   48800.50  -1490  3698    -55102                   1    1       1

         2 -b - EOP(CSR)  92 P 01
                Units : 0.0001" for x,y, 0.00001s for UT1.

     Date                                                      Uncertainties
     1992      MJD        x     y     UT1-UTC   Passes  Span   x    y   UT1-UTC
                                                        hours

   JUN  21   48794.50  -1521  3536         0                   3    4       0
   JUN  22   48795.50  -1513  3581         0                   3    3       0
   JUN  23   48796.50  -1499  3626         0                  67   82       0
   JUN  24   48797.50  -1485  3619         0                  94  136       0
   JUN  25   48798.50  -1485  3662         0                   4    5       0

   JUN  26   48799.50  -1471  3686         0                   3    3       0
   JUN  27   48800.50  -1451  3733         0                   3    3       0

         2 -c - EOP(JPL)  92 P 01
                Units : 0.0001" for x,y, 0.00001s for UT1.

     Date                                                      Uncertainties
     1992      MJD        x     y     UT1-UTC   Passes  Span   x    y   UT1-UTC
                                                        hours

   JUN  21   48794.50  -1523  3574         0                   3    3       0
   JUN  22   48795.50  -1506  3595         0                   2    3       0
   JUN  23   48796.50  -1511  3593         0                   2    3       0
   JUN  24   48797.50  -1506  3612         0                   3    4       0
   JUN  25   48798.50  -1489  3673         0                   3    3       0

   JUN  26   48799.50  -1474  3700         0                   2    3       0
   JUN  27   48800.50  -1456  3724         0                   2    3       0

         2 -d - EOP(SIO)  92 P 01
                Units : 0.0001" for x,y, 0.00001s for UT1.

     Date                                                      Uncertainties
     1992      MJD        x     y     UT1-UTC   Passes  Span   x    y   UT1-UTC
                                                        hours

   JUN   7   48780.00  -1575  3170         0                   3    3       0
   JUN   8   48781.00  -1574  3202         0                   4    5       0
   JUN   9   48782.00  -1542  3223         0                   6    5       0
   JUN  10   48783.00  -1546  3260         0                   2    2       0
   JUN  11   48784.00  -1563  3271         0                   4    4       0

   JUN  12   48785.00  -1546  3313         0                   2    2       0
   JUN  13   48786.00  -1558  3309         0                   4    5       0
   JUN  14   48787.00  -1547  3346         0                   4    5       0
   JUN  15   48788.00  -1520  3386         0                   3    2       0
   JUN  16   48789.00  -1532  3412         0                   4    4       0

   JUN  17   48790.00  -1535  3435         0                   5    7       0
   JUN  18   48791.00  -1526  3464         0                   4    6       0
   JUN  19   48792.00  -1547  3511         0                   4    6       0
   JUN  20   48793.00  -1518  3517         0                   4    4       0
   JUN  21   48794.00  -1532  3555         0                   4    4       0

   JUN  22   48795.00  -1517  3580         0                   4    4       0
   JUN  23   48796.00  -1490  3578         0                   4    4       0
   JUN  24   48797.00  -1494  3617         0                   3    3       0
   JUN  25   48798.00  -1494  3622         0                   4    4       0
   JUN  26   48799.00  -1444  3659         0                   5    4       0