Subject: [IGSMAIL-32] Handling of IGS results
From: Gerhard Beutler
Date: 30 JUN 1992 08:54:12

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail       30-JUN-1992 08:54:12       Message Number 32
***********************************************************************
 
From:    Gerhard Beutler
Subject: Handling of IGS results
         -----------------------

Handling of IGS Results
_______________________

The 1992 IGS campaign started ten days ago and the first results have
been prepared by the processing centers. As Peter Morgan, Bob Schutz
and others pointed out it is necessary to define now the procedure
to handle the IGS results prepared by the processing centers.

The principles were fixed some time ago : results should be made
available through the network centers, the naming conventions for the
ASCII result files were defined in IGS message No 16.

The actual procedure will be the following :

 - Carey Noll from CDDIS is ready to accept, store, and make
   available the IGS orbits and the IGS pole parameters, provided

     (a) they are in the proper format (defined by Clyde Goad in his
         instructions)

     (b) the naming conventions defined in message number 16 (IGS
         mail) are followed.

   We thank Carey Noll very much that she volunteered to take over
   this new responsibility.

 - Carey Noll asks the processing centers wishing to deliver the
   results to contact her in order to set up the formal procedure.

 - Carey Noll will tell us how to access the results in a future IGS 
   message. Thank you very much!

 - It must be pointed out that individual processing centers may
   in addition distribute their products through other channels (the
   CODE results e.g. will also be delivered to IfAG and IGN from where
   they will be further distributed).

 - On the other hand the oversight committee will consider the results
   stored at CDDIS as the official ones, which will e.g.  be used for
   orbit comparisons.

 - I would encourage the two other network centers (SIO and IGN) to
   copy these result files from CDDIS.

                                             Gerhard Beutler
                                      Chair, IGS Oversight Committee