Subject: [IGSMAIL-25] Information for bulletin 1
From: Gerhard Beutler
Date: 23 JUN 1992 17:57:21

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail       23-JUN-1992 17:57:21       Message Number 25
***********************************************************************
 
From:    Gerhard Beutler
Subject: IGS Status Report
         -----------------

IGS Status Report, June 24, 1992
_______________________________

General Remarks :

 - Two days ago the IGS campaign 1992 started  !

 - It was a good idea to start the data flow earlier (it was planned
   to start transmitting data to the network centers on June 15, the
   first data were re-distributed by CDDIS on Wednesday, June 17).

 - I hope that by now all processing centers are getting their data
   through either CDDIS or SIO (the IGN in Paris is not yet ready). I
   would like to thank especially Carey Noll for her effort -- her job
   is certainly not an easy one. Of course she can only handle what is
   coming into CDDIS. My conclusion is that the the main supliers (JPL,
   NGS, and the regional centers) are all more or less ready by now.

 - From the IGS data we are looking at in Berne I conclude that the
   time-lag between observation and availability at the processing
   centers is about five days. I therefore expect that the first
   products will be available by the end of this or the beginning of
   the next week. Please observe the naming conventions distributed
   in IGSMAIL # 16.

 - I hope that all the analysis centers have obtained by now the
   documents from Clyde Goad (analysis center coordinator). In Berne
   we obtained these instructions on Thursday, June 18. We were happy
   to find out that not many changes were necessary in our case.

 - Below Werner Gurtner and I try to summarize the present
   state of affairs in some important areas.

(1) Conversion into RINEX
    _____________________

    Some RINEX files still show small deviations from the standards.
    The major concern however is information changing from day to
    day that should be constant, e.g. station names, antenna heights.
    Data files preprocessed by different centers may then show
    different contents, e.g. station names, receiver/antenna names.

    The official 4-character station code will be given in
    the list provided by IGN and will have to be used as station name
    in the RINEX file as well as for the filename itself.

(2) Site Information/local ties
    ___________________________

    Early last week IGN circulated a first draft of a list containing
    station information to be controlled, updated, or completed by
    everybody having reliable information at his disposal.
    Z. Altamimi (IGN Paris) will distribute the final list as soon
    as possible.
                                                Kind regards

                                                Gerhard Beutler
                                                Werner Gurtner
                                                Tim Springer