Subject: [IGSMAIL-23] Nordic Data Delivery
From: George Preiss
Date: 22 JUN 1992 11:46:39

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail       22-JUN-1992 11:46:39       Message Number 23
***********************************************************************
 
From:    George Preiss
Subject: Nordic Data Delivery
         ----------------------

Dated: 0806 UTC, Mon Jun 22 1992                      My reference:  E106/92

*** Please quote my reference in replies ***

DELIVERY OF CORE STATION DATA TO IFAG FROM NORDIC CENTRE
========================================================

We have now tried to deliver data automatically to IFAG as arranged. We find
that the data rate is exceedingly low and therefore unacceptable. We know that
the data rate to CDDIS is much better, from past experience. We are taking
voice contact with IFAG to try and solve this problem.

Meanwhile, until the data rate problem is solved, we plan to deliver data from
METS, NYAL, ONSA and TROM direct to CDDIS.

Note that as of this moment, we do not yet have our rinexing operational, so
the data will be compressed Rogue format. We will start rinexing as soon as we
can.

Regards, George  

===========================================================================
George Preiss                                
-------------
Geodetic Institute              Voice:       +47-67-18393
Norwegian Mapping Authority     Switchboard: +47-67-18100
(Statens Kartverk)              Telefax:     +47-67-18101
Kartverksveien                  Telex:       79636 KARTV-N
N-3500 HONEFOSS                 E-Mail:      [email-masked]
Norway                          Home:        +47-67-42667                  
                                    
Local Time:                     UTC plus 1 hour (winter)
                                UTC plus 2 hours (summer)

Normal Office Hours:            0800 to 1600 hours local
===========================================================================