Subject: [IGSMAIL-22] Nordic Centre Status
From: George Preiss
Date: 19 JUN 1992 21:31:07

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail       19-JUN-1992 21:31:07       Message Number 22
***********************************************************************
 
From:     George Preiss                                
Subject:  Nordic Centre Status
         ----------------------

Dated: 1328 UTC, Fri Jun 19 1992                      My reference:  E105/92
                                                     -------------===========
*** Please quote my reference in replies ***

Ladies and Gentlemen,

STATUS NORDIC DATA CENTRE
=========================

HANDLING OF CORE STATION DATA
=============================

Metsahovi (METS)     *  Rogue Version 7 software confirmed.
                     *  Being automatically downloaded by telephone/modem to
                        Honefoss
                     *  Being automatically uploaded to NGS for CIGNET
                     *  Automatic PUT to IFAG now available. First tests now
                        being carried out.

Ny Alesund (NYAL)    *  Rogue Version 7 software hopefully to be installed
                        Monday, subject to delivery of necessary hardware.
                     *  Being manually downloaded by telephone/modem to
                        Honefoss, because version 7 software not yet installed.
                     *  Being automatically uploaded to NGS for CIGNET, if data
                        is downloaded.
                     *  Automatic PUT to IFAG now available. First tests now
                        being carried out.

Onsala (ONSA)        *  Rogue Version 7 software confirmed.
                     *  Being automatically downloaded by telephone/modem to
                        Honefoss
                     *  Automatic PUT to IFAG now available. First tests now
                        being carried out.

Tromso (TROM)        *  Rogue Version 7 software confirmed.
                     *  Being automatically downloaded by telephone/modem to
                        Honefoss
                     *  Being automatically uploaded to NGS for CIGNET
                     *  Automatic PUT to IFAG now available. First tests now
                        being carried out.

RINEXING
========

Rinexing procedures not yet operational. We have agreed with IFAG to supply
compressed Rogue data until these procedures are ready. We hope to have this
in place Monday or Tuesday, but cannot promise.

CONTACT
=======

I myself will be out of my office from mid-morning Monday until Thursday. Svein
Rekkedal will be looking at my E-mails.

Have a good weekend, George

===========================================================================
George Preiss                                
-------------
Geodetic Institute              Voice:       +47-67-18393
Norwegian Mapping Authority     Switchboard: +47-67-18100
(Statens Kartverk)              Telefax:     +47-67-18101
Kartverksveien                  Telex:       79636 KARTV-N
N-3500 HONEFOSS                 E-Mail:      [email-masked]
Norway                          Home:        +47-67-42667                  
                                    
Local Time:                     UTC plus 1 hour (winter)
                                UTC plus 2 hours (summer)

Normal Office Hours:            0800 to 1600 hours local
===========================================================================