Subject: [IGSMAIL-007] European IGS Datacenter
From: Werner Gurtner
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1992 17:03:54 PDT

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail        2-JUN-1992 17:03:54       Message Number 7
***********************************************************************
 
From:    Werner Gurtner
Subject: European IGS Datacenter
         -----------------------

European IGS Datacenter
-----------------------

The regional datacenter for Europe, the Institute for Applied
Geodesy in Frankfurt (IfAG), has now got their Internet connection ready.

Internet Address:  141.74.240.26      (Unix host)
User ID         :  "anonymous"
Password        :  your id

Subdirectories  :  "indata"  to put data  to  IfAG by foreign hosts
                   "outdata" to get data from IfAG by foreign hosts

Currently the performance of the connection may be pretty low,
it should improve in the near future.

Point of contact:  Heinz Habrich or Harald Friedhoff
                   Tel: ++49-69-6333-267
                   Fax: ++49-69-6333-425
                   E-mail: XBR4R136 @ DDATHD21.BITNET

The European IGS stations, the Nordic Data Center, the
Global Data Centers (IGN, CDDIS, SIO) and the European 
Processing Centers are asked to contact
Harald or Heinz to organize test data transmissions as soon
as possible. IfAG will of course try to contact them, too.
Following the IGS network philosophy the idea is to have as much of
the European Data as possible flown through IfAG during the IGS
campaign.

As the E-Mail from IfAG currently seems to have some difficulties
Harald asked me to prepare and distribute this message for him.

Werner Gurtner.