Subject: [IGSMAIL-003] NEW CANBERRA SITE
From: Dr Peter Morgan
Date: Thu, 21 May 1992 22:31:13 PDT

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail       21-MAY-1992 12:31:13       Message Number 3
***********************************************************************
 
From:    Dr Peter Morgan
Subject: NEW CANBERRA SITE

==================

Late yesterday my mailer ran hot on the issue of new coordinates for the
moved TIDBINBILLA SITE. THE move was official some time last week.

Today we went to TIDBINBILLA to do A PRELIMINARY SURVEY.
I will place the new coordinates on the system, hopefully tomorrow. I
CANNOT do a direct tie to the GIG antenna only to the ground mark
associated with the location.

This tie is NOT a line of site tie and is not a quick and dirty job

I therefore plan to use the GOTEX mark, some 276 meters away from the
new mark to generate SV6 type geocentric PRELIMINARY values. It will be
possible to refine these latter. There is no current GPS receiver at
Orroral so its not possible to GPS survey the mark in readily without
displacing the antenna which I am against even if I were allowed to do
it.

If there are violent objections or worthwhile suggestions please let me
know

regards peter