Subject: [IGSMAIL-002] Cancelation of Oversight Committee Meeting in May/June 1992
From: Gerhard Beutler
Date: Thu, 21 May 1992 14:50:39 PDT

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail       20-MAY-1992 14:50:39       Message Number 2
***********************************************************************
 
Cancelation of Oversight Committee Meeting in May/June 1992
___________________________________________________________

Dear Colleagues,

Recently you obtained the IGS NEWSLETTER No 2, IGS 92-3. In the first
chapter, IGS Timeline, Table 1 pages 1 and 2, you find at the bottom
of page 1 the "Preliminary Test of IGS Data flow", and on top of page
2 a "tentative Oversight Committee Meeting on May 27 or 29" at the
IfAG in Frankfurt.

At the oversight committee meeting in March in Columbus we said that
the we would only call the May'92 meeting, if the results of the IGS
data flow test would make this necessary.

Now, Ruth Neilan, Peter Morgan and I had a discussion after the
IGS communication test.  Peter Morgan was rather optimistic concerning
the test (a short report will be available to this mail service soon).
Therefore we decided to

  C A N C E L  THE  M A Y ' 9 2   M E E T I N G .
  =============================================

I had hoped that this electronic mailbox would be ready about 10 days
earlier -- this is why this message is sent out only now. (We had to
solve some really funny technical problems before this mail service
was operating).

                                            Kind regards

                                            Gerhard Beutler

p.s. : Cancelling the meeting does NOT mean that we believe that all
       problems are solved !!! We will have to solve pretty soon
       the problem of "local ties + ITRF coordinates" of the core
       sites.