Subject: [IGSLEO-34] CHAMP slr results (continued)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:52:47 +0100

******************************************************************************
IGS LEO Mail      17 Dec 01:53:07 PST 2001      Message Number 34
******************************************************************************

Author: Henno Boomkamp

Dear colleagues,

Several people have commented on my CHAMP SLR analysis at
http://nng.esoc.esa.de/slr.html, and I am grateful for their feedback.

To support my claim that the pairwise ratio 'D' should also apply to
the single solutions and that this value is a constant, I have added a
bit of formal analysis to the hypothesis. Those of you who were involved
in the discussion, please have a look and see if you can agree with my
conclusions - there is a link to a file called stats.pdf on the slr page.

This statistical analysis will gain in credibility when more POD solutions
for CHAMP are included. According to the initial promises I still expect
contributions from some 6 to 8 further AACs to the CHAMP orbit campaign.
If you represent one of these AACs, please try to upload your files as soon
as possible. Your orbits will provide a valuable validation of the analysis,
even if their precision may still be less than what you would like it to be.

Best regards,

Henno