Subject: [IGSLEO-27] two reminders
From: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 18:11:47 +0100

******************************************************************************
IGS LEO Mail      13 Nov 09:25:56 PST 2001      Message Number 27
******************************************************************************

Author: Henno Boomkamp

Dear Colleagues,

(1) Reminder of CHAMP Science meeting deadline

As some of you have already heard during the Potsdam meeting of
November 9th, the deadline for submitting abstracts for the first CHAMP
science meeting will be later this week, on November 15th. Please note
that these abstracts will be for poster presentations.

For more details please check the GFZ website at
           http://op.gfz-potsdam.de/D1/CSM1/CSM1_index.html.

With regard to the Potsdam meeting, I am sure that all participants from
the LEO groups will agree that we have learned a lot about CHAMP data
processing in general and POD in particular. For those of you who could
not be present at the meeting itself, I am preparing a list of items in a
'question-and-answer' style to summarise a wide variety of details that
were discussed during the meeting.

(2) Reminder of CHAMP orbit campaign

No fewer than 11 centres have now indicated that they plan to take part in
the CHAMP orbit campaign, and four centres have already uploaded their
orbits to the repository. I would like to remind the other 7 centres (as well as
any
further groups that would still like to take part) to upload their contributions
as soon
as you have them available. In principle we should try to have all contributions
in place before the christmas period, so that the first results of the campaign
can contribute to the CHAMP Science Meeting in January.

Best regards,

Henno Boomkamp