Subject: [IGSLEO-24] Status of CHAMP orbit campaign
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 10:41:43 +0100

******************************************************************************
IGS LEO Mail      16 Oct 08:57:44 PDT 2001      Message Number 24
******************************************************************************

Author: Henno Boomkamp

Dear Colleagues,

The discussion about the CHAMP orbit exchange has become decentralised,
between those centres that responded to the initial request. To avoid missing
out on other participants, this mail is especially aimed at those centres that
are
interested in taking part but have not yet confirmed their participation.

The present situation is that a CHAMP orbit repository has been set up at CDDIS,
with subdirectories for all centres that responded to the initial request.
Within the
weeks to follow most of these centres will have uploaded their contributions,
and
some further centres are expected to join shortly.

New participants are still welcome of course, but if you want your own orbits to
be
included in comparisons and other analysis, it is a good idea to join the
campaign
as soon as possible - let's say, at least before the end of the year which is
just 8
working weeks away.

ESOC will compare a new entry against all orbits that are available up to then.
The outcome will be distributed among all participants at that time, which means
that the sooner you upload your orbits, the more feedback you will get from us.
Obviously you are also free to do your own analysis, at any time.

If you want to take part and have not yet received the upload details, please
contact me about it as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Henno Boomkamp