Subject: [IGSLEO-10] ESOC AAC webpage
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 09:52:49 +0200

******************************************************************************
IGS LEO Mail      06 Jul 09:21:20 PDT 2001      Message Number 10
******************************************************************************

Author: Henno Boomkamp

Dear colleagues,

With the availability of CHAMP data via ISDC, the IGS LEO Pilot Project has
entered a new phase. A first step towards a form of IGS LEO processing standards
will be an assessment of  CHAMP Precise Orbit Determination results. At present
most Associate Analysis Centres still seem to be in the process of establishing
systematic orbit determinations, but some first orbit comparison results can be
expected shortly.

Various suggestions were made in IGS LEO mail 8 to facilitate the exchange of
results between the AACs. As the IGS LEO AAC coordinator, ESOC AAC would like to
show an example of the kind of information that is of interest. For this purpose
a web page has been created, which for the time being just describes the planned
approach to CHAMP POD at ESOC. The intention is to regularly update this page so
that it reflects ongoing IGS LEO AAC activities at ESOC. The page can be found
at http://nng.esoc.esa.de/gps/igsleo.html

I would like to invite all other AACs to have a look at this page, and perhaps
provide a similar description of your own CHAMP POD approach. In addition I
would like to recall attention to IGS LEO mail nr. 8, which includes more
specific requests for information. In particular, I encourage those AACs that
plan to do routine CHAMP Orbit Determinations to forward initial orbit
solutions, for as far as they have not yet done so.

Best regards,

Henno Boomkamp