Subject: [IGS-RTWG-18] RE: skeleton file update and clarification of sources
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 10:15:14 +0200

******************************************************************************
IGS-RTWG Mail      17 Sep 09:18:52 PDT 2009      Message Number 18
******************************************************************************

Author: Georg Weber

Dear Mike,

Thank you very much for this update and congratulations to your growing real-time networks in Australia.

I have seen that your skeletons can be downloaded now via FTP. Please note that skeletons from other sources are made available via HTTP. Examples for HTTP links (see i.e.
sourcetable from http://www.igs-ip.net) are:

http://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov:80/igscb/station/general/skel (IGS)
http://igs.bkg.bund.de:80/root_ftp/NTRIP/station/rnxskl (Miscellaneous IGS)
http://www.epncb.oma.be:80/stations/log/skl (EUREF)
http://igs.bkg.bund.de:80/root_ftp/GREF/station/rnxskl (German GREF)

The problem now is that the BNC (I don't know about other tools which download skeletons) expects an HTTP link for the skeleton files in data field # 7 of the sourcetable's NET
record. So far it can not deal with FTP links. Hence my question is:

- Would it be possible to make your skeletons (also?) available via HTTP?

Best regards,
Georg

PS: Your sourcetable  <http://192.104.43.25:2101> http://192.104.43.25:2101 mentions networks AuScope-WA, ARGN, AuScope-SA, AuScope-VIC and AuScope-TAS. My suggestion would be
that you introduce a NET record for all these five networks. The logic is that a specific NET record is required for each "net" mentioned in the STR records. Data field # 7 of
the NET records may then contain a HTTP link to the skeletons files of stations which are part of this network. Once you have done this, whoever converts streams to RINEX using
BNC and your caster gets a complete and up to date RINEX header. (You may delete your NET record "IGS" as long as non of your STR records mentions "IGS" in data field # 8.)

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 17. September 2009 09:02
An: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Weber, Georg; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Betreff: skeleton file update and clarification of sources [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

The 'skeleton' files for all the stations available from the Geoscience Australia NTRIP Caster ( http://192.104.43.25:2101/ ) have been updated, and can be downloaded from:

ftp://ftp.ga.gov.au/geodesy-outgoing/igs/skel/

Please note from November 10th these files will be re-located to:

ftp://ftp.ga.gov.au/geodesy/gnss/skel/  (see IGSMAIL-6003 for more details on the new ftp structure)

Following discussions on the Infrastructure Committee mailing list we have also released the station logs for all stations available form the Geoscience NTRIP Caster, which are
downloadable from:

ftp://ftp.ga.gov.au/geodesy-outgoing/igs/station_logs/

Please note from November 10th these files will also be relocated to:

ftp://ftp.ga.gov.au/geodesy/gnss/logs/

To clarify the 'status' of each site available from the Geoscience Australia NTRIP Caster, the following sites belong to the Australia Regional GNSS Network (ARGN):

ALIC

BNDY

BUR2

CAS1

CEDU

COCO

DARM

DARW

DAV1

HIL1

HOB2

JAB2

KARR

LORD

MAC1

MOBS

NORF

RHPT

STR1

STR2

SYDN

TID1

TOW2

XMIS

YAR2

YAR3

The stations belonging to the AuScope Network have been built and operate to the same specifications required for IGS operations. The following stations belong to the AuScope
Network:

ALBY

BBOO

BDLE

BEEC

BURA

ESPA

HYDN

KALG

KELN

KUNU

LIAW

LORA

NORS

PTLD

SA45

SPBY

YEEL

YELO

We intend to keep the real-time streams obtained from the ARGN network freely available for scientific use. Those stations which belong to the AuScope network will be freely
available for scientific use until the end of 2009. We hope to be able to keep these streams available for free for scientific purposes, but cannot guarantee their availability
until after data agreements have been finalised. The AuScope stations list will be growing significantly over the next two years, please refer to the source table on the NTRIP
Caster as to which network the stations belong to.

Regards,

Michael Moore